Wiki Posts
Search

SFO to DUB: exit row question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

SFO to DUB: exit row question

Hello FT folks!

Please forgive me if this has been asked many times...

I'm looking at tickets for Aer Lingus SFO -> DUB (nonstop). I believe the plane is an Airbus A330-300. We are checking out exit row seats 8H & 8K. Aerlingus description: "Stretch out with extra legroom". I also checked out seatguru.com; while the description/reviewers mention reduced seat width, no one mentions reclining.

I'd be grateful for responses to any of these questions:
1) Do these exit row seats recline?
2) Is the reduced seat width problematic?
3) Should I expect these seats to be very cold? (colder than most)
4) I've read that Aer Lingus seats recline more than others, and that these are good seats since there is no one in front of you. Agree?

Recently I flew Delta from Rome to NYC. I chose exit row seats and assumed they reclined because neither the website nor seatguru mentioned otherwise. But it did not recline - I'm trying to avoid another bad experience.

Thank you so much!
Jennifer
Old Jan 19, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, BA, Hilton
The recline is normal. But 8k legroom is very impacted by the emergency door. The compartment containing the chute comes into the cabin by maybe a foot which eats into leg space. I would not sit there unless you have short legs. Though some people put their legs up on top of that compartment and if that works for you it could be good.

Those seats are also are not good for night flights. They are right beside the galley and toilets, and you have the problem of bright lights and noise if you want to sleep. There is a lot of space in front of you where people sometimes gather to talk.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Thank you, preacherirl! I really appreciate it.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
Originally Posted by jenlo
I believe the plane is an Airbus A330-300.
Some of the flights are operating by the -200 as well.

As for the exit seats most of what preacher would say would be true. I did DUB-MCO-DUB and had booked the exit row seats but they changed from a -200 to a -300 on the return and I lost my seats due to the bigger aircraft. The kept the same row but not the exit seats. SO i spent a lot of my time at the galley chatting to the crew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.