Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access at MCO

Im travelling in business class on Aer Lingus to MCO, but the flight is ticketed via BA.
Does this give me more choices of lounges at MCO?

I see that there was a post on the oneworldsite about a year ago about Aer Lingus joining , but am I right in saying nothing has happened?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
For your return EI uses the United Club at MCO. Are you expecting to gain access for your class of service or Status (and via which program)?

Originally Posted by AlanA
Im travelling in business class on Aer Lingus to MCO, but the flight is ticketed via BA.
Does this give me more choices of lounges at MCO?

I see that there was a post on the oneworldsite about a year ago about Aer Lingus joining , but am I right in saying nothing has happened?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Business class ticket means access to the United Club lounge.

You would have access to a BA branded lounge if you held BAEC gold or better since its a 125 ticket with a BA code but finding someone who knows that rule is rare
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:43 am
Original Poster

That was why I was asking re oneworld, as being a BA ticket, would I have access to the oneworld lounges or the mediocre United lounge.

look like that’s my only option. Ah well.....
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
The first problem with all that is that the United lounge is in Terminal B and Aer Lingus use Terminal A.

The second problem is the 'club at mco' is nowhere near the gates that EI use!!

From Lounge buddy:
NOTE: This lounge is accessible for passengers departing from Terminal A (Gates 100-129) and Terminal B (Gates 70-99) but not from Terminal A (Gates 1-29) or from Terminal B (Gates 30-59). Passengers departing from Gates 100-129 can access this lounge, but will need to take the train to Airside 4 (Gates 70-99) to access the lounge. Afterwards, these passengers must take the train back to the central terminal area and then take the train to Airside 2 (Gates 100-129) to get to their departure gate.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Amex Bonvoy, Chase BA
Aer Lingus have recently been using Airside 4 (gates 70-99) at MCO (same as BA, Virgin Atlantic, Lufthansa). There is a Club@MCO lounge that the aforementioned airlines have been using (also a priority pass lounge).
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
Originally Posted by NatsDad
Aer Lingus have recently been using Airside 4 (gates 70-99) at MCO (same as BA, Virgin Atlantic, Lufthansa). There is a Club@MCO lounge that the aforementioned airlines have been using (also a priority pass lounge).
Good to know as I last came through MCO in October and its can be a real mess at the Frontier gates if there is any kind of a delay.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:36 pm

I used that flying BA recently. Its a very nice lounge.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Flew back from MCO last week and the lounge situation is a mess.

Pax were given a note at check-in apologizing for the lack of an accessible lounge in the same pier as the departure gate (Pier 4 gates 70-99). The check-in agents were explaining how to get to the available lounge in Pier 1 (1 hour round trip due to need to clear security twice!).

However, the Aer Lingus logo is included on the list outside the Club@MCO lounge near gate 90.

I have PP so was able to use the lounge but multiple EI pax were being turned away and told that EI had not signed the contract yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.