Wiki Posts
Search

New Gates T2

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus
New Gates T2

Does anyone know if it's possible to see which flights will routinely use the new gates at T2? They add an annoying amount of time and we used them today despite the main terminal being very quiet - presumably the aircraft were positioning for the first flights tomorrow. Any tips to avoid these would be appreciated.

Last edited by ferg01; Dec 13, 2017 at 2:36 pm Reason: Typo
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
It's an airport operational decision on a daily basis. Unlikely there's any way of knowing any real time in advance.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Well its more an EI choice as to where the flights go

If you are going to LHR/LGW you WON'T be using the new gates

I've seen them used for DUS/TXL before
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Well its more an EI choice as to where the flights go

If you are going to LHR/LGW you WON'T be using the new gates

I've seen them used for DUS/TXL before
I was sent there returning from LGW last week. A complete farce - they haven't worked out a walking route so you have to deplane via steps and then enter the terminal (shed) and then exit onto a bus ( 50 meters total walk ) which drops you around the middle of the normal 4 gates area.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus
Originally Posted by Danash
I was sent there returning from LGW last week. A complete farce - they haven't worked out a walking route so you have to deplane via steps and then enter the terminal (shed) and then exit onto a bus ( 50 meters total walk ) which drops you around the middle of the normal 4 gates area.
We were dropped there after an LHR flight - complete pain.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: EI Gold Circle, KLM FB
Arrived there on late inbound flight from Amsterdam on 20/12 - two other flights arrived at the same time, one from MUC, not sure about the other. Huge queue to get onto the buses. Even getting dropped in T1 is better than this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I’m surprised they don’t bus from the aircraft to T2 arrivals. How bizarre and not what I expected.

Those mentioing LGW and LHR - the aircraft was probably off to somewhere other than London for the next flight.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: EI Gold Circle, KLM FB
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
I’m surprised they don’t bus from the aircraft to T2 arrivals. How bizarre and not what I expected.

Those mentioing LGW and LHR - the aircraft was probably off to somewhere other than London for the next flight.
They do drop at T2 arrivals. What I meant is I'd rather have the plane arrive at a T1 gate and have the walk to T2, as has been happening regularly over the last few years, than have the bus transfer from these new satellite gates.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: EI, BA
I got them to and from BHX. Inbound to DUB wasn't that bad as flight was quiet and they dropped at mid 4 gates, but outbound was gate 335 or something, quite a long walk, then cursory pass check then bus and queue again for full pass check. They are awful.

It was the mid morning BHX flight out of DUB and the late BHX to DUB that did it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.