FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   New Aer Club Card not received (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1881020-new-aer-club-card-not-received.html)

RightButton Dec 5, 2017 5:16 am

New Aer Club Card not received

Hi all, I just wanted to find out if anyone else has had issues receiving their new Aer Club card. I leveled up a few months ago and have called through a few times now to find out where the new card is, each time I have been told it must have been lost in the post and I'm now waiting for my third card to arrive.
I'm also getting a little frustrated as I've now flown with friends and clients and have not been able to take them through the fast track or gain access to third party lounges and have now resorted to a work around of a BOI Gold Commercial card.

alserire Dec 5, 2017 2:59 pm

That's poor. When I went Silver it took three weeks or so but Platinum I had to ring them and get them to send me what they said was a second one. Bit of a drag alright. A couple of months is a pain.

mccartje Jan 12, 2018 7:34 am

I'm in a similar boat waiting on my platinum card since November last. Contacted them via twitter saying I never received my card and they said use the order a replacement card function on the aerclub page which is a very disappointing cop off sadly to be expected from them at this point.

ROKNA Jan 14, 2018 1:20 am

Official line is there is a "backlog" in the card issuing

Danash Jan 15, 2018 5:05 am

I hit Concierge in November - card arrived within 2 weeks.

ROKNA Jan 15, 2018 6:41 am

I got my platinum status fixed this morning after being dropped to Silver when the credits reset (745 credits...)

So in theory I have two cards on the way

One triggered on Jan 1 and another on Jan 15, so will report back

alancostello Jan 16, 2018 9:20 am

Originally Posted by mccartje (Post 29283562)
I'm in a similar boat waiting on my platinum card since November last. Contacted them via twitter saying I never received my card and they said use the order a replacement card function on the aerclub page which is a very disappointing cop off sadly to be expected from them at this point.

Exact same happening to me, I ordered the replacement card via the website before Christmas and it still hasn't been received, absolutely crazy

mccartje Jan 24, 2018 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by alancostello (Post 29299627)
Exact same happening to me, I ordered the replacement card via the website before Christmas and it still hasn't been received, absolutely crazy

Update - I finally received my card yesterday. Now whether that is from when I originally qualified mid November or ordered my 'replacement' card on Jan 12th i don't know! Maybe I'll get another card in the post soon....

ROKNA Jan 24, 2018 2:38 pm

I'm still awaiting a Silver card from Jan 1st and a Platinum from Jan 15th...

alancostello Jan 25, 2018 9:17 am

Both platinum cards arrived to me yesterday!

ROKNA Feb 4, 2018 11:24 am

Sliver card triggered on Jan 1st has appeared

Platinum card triggered on Jan 15th is still awaited

Tom_IE Feb 5, 2018 3:46 pm

Same here waiting for conceirge card. Called and apparently they had an issue with the company printing the cards and there is a 2 month back long.

ROKNA Feb 9, 2018 1:22 pm

Platinum card triggered on Jan 15 arrived today

Bit of cost cutting, the new baggage tags don't come with metal insert around the hole where the wire goes through

mccartje Feb 12, 2018 4:18 am

Originally Posted by mccartje (Post 29334557)
Update - I finally received my card yesterday. Now whether that is from when I originally qualified mid November or ordered my 'replacement' card on Jan 12th i don't know! Maybe I'll get another card in the post soon....

And my "replacement card" arrives. Is it any wonder they are behind with their cards if they give confusing information and then send out multiples and/or redundant cards.

Dambus Apr 6, 2018 12:29 am

Was speaking with the AerCub team about an Avios ticket and asked in passing about new cards and delays etc. - apparently as soon as you re-qualify for your existing tier or qualify for the next tier they now will trigger the issue of a new card.