Wiki Posts
Search

Exit Row Refund

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
Exit Row Refund

I had booked DUB-MCO-DUB in Y with paying the extra €60 each way for exit row seats.

Now my return flight was changed from a 332 to a 333 so Row 11 on the 333 is now just a standard seat.

I have also have my 'bid to upgrade' accepted for my DUB-MCO leg.

Am I entitled to a refund on both exit row seats seeing as how I am not using them and assuming that EI will resell those seats anyway.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:58 am

FAQ
Originally Posted by energydj
I had booked DUB-MCO-DUB in Y with paying the extra €60 each way for exit row seats.

Now my return flight was changed from a 332 to a 333 so Row 11 on the 333 is now just a standard seat.

Am I entitled to a refund on both exit row seats seeing as how I am not using them and assuming that EI will resell those seats anyway.
For the upgrade part short answer is no, see FAQ pic attached.
I would have thought your seat assignment would change automatically to ensure an exit row seat if paid for, or that you can re-select an exit row seat in your booking but maybe not I guess, definitely follow that up!.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
The IT isn't that smart, once you select a seat you cannot change your selection, seat assignment is sticky.

Best off call in and get the seat reassigned (assuming you are more than 72 hours before departure) otherwise its a check in job
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by energydj

Can you share how much your winning bid was for the DUB/MCO leg?? Did you also bid on MCO/DUB??

Enjoy the flight
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
Originally Posted by eireman
Can you share how much your winning bid was for the DUB/MCO leg?? Did you also bid on MCO/DUB??

Enjoy the flight

No problem. Its was €490 which was the lowest I could bid. I had check the loads several times and there was only 5 seats taken on the the A332 so I had a reasonable chance of getting the upgrade at the low price point. There is only 2 seats on my return leg so it look like it'll be economy for me!

I rang EI. No refund on exit seat cost when I upgraded. They refunded €20 which is the difference in the choice seat v exit seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.