Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

BOS-DUB-FCO 55Minute Termianl 2 Connection?

Old Oct 25, 17, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Arriving in DUB at 5:20 and leave for FCO at 6:15, all Aer Lingus.
Assuming my flight from BOS arrives on time, do you think me and my US passport can make my FCO
connection? Would a checked bag have a good chance?
I know its tight but the price was too good to pass up.
Thanks for your help and advice.
Old Oct 26, 17, 1:18 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Was it sold as a single ticket? If so its a legal connection. Aer Lingus will be responsible to get you to destination

There shouldn't be a security check so straight through and a quick passport check and you should be fine
Old Oct 26, 17, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
There shouldn't be a security check so straight through and a quick passport check and you should be fine
There is a security check on the transfer channel - which also allows you to bypass the main passport check - unless something has changed very recently. The "Flight Connections" page in the current issue of Cara magazine doesn't suggest any change to this!
Old Oct 26, 17, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CoJack54 View Post
Assuming my flight from BOS arrives on time, do you think me and my US passport can make my FCO
connection? Would a checked bag have a good chance?
Assuming Aer Lingus sold this to you on a single ticket, then they wouldn't be selling it to you unless they reckoned it was doable.

The US flights often arrive (considerably) early. You should be OK.

But - for anyone else reading this - do not attempt such short connections when travelling on separate tickets. In those cases you will most likely have to go landside and wait for your bag and re-check it - which means you are almost guaranteeing that you lose your second ticket.
Old Oct 27, 17, 2:16 pm

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
Should be fine if it's a single ticket. As noted EI Transatlantics can often be very early. I've never been on one that was late. And I've been on early flights to Europe where they may delay for a few minutes for connecting T/A/ passengers. Reckon you'll be fine.

If it's not a single ticket there's no way you make it unless the T/A is very early.
Old Nov 1, 17, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Pretty much all gone these days
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
There is a security check on the transfer channel - which also allows you to bypass the main passport check - unless something has changed very recently. The "Flight Connections" page in the current issue of Cara magazine doesn't suggest any change to this!
The DUB T2 transfer security check is closed off more often than not.
Old Nov 1, 17, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stifle View Post
The DUB T2 transfer security check is closed off more often than not.
meaning you have to queue up for regular passport check, go landside, and then go through the regular security check to go airside again?

I don't often connect in DUB, but the transfer channel has always been open.
Old Nov 1, 17, 11:35 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
No connections will be open and is open until the late afternoon (i.e. until last TATL flights leave)

You will pass the connections desk, then passport control (as you are entering Ireland/UK CTA) and then there is an optional security screening and into the terminal, no customs check as that will be done at FCO

If you have arrived from a 'safe' country e.g. US/Canada/EU then no screening is required.

However once a flight from an 'unsafe' country lands then security screening will become active as they cannot separate out arrivals.

The late morning Emirates arrival tends to be the trigger
Old Nov 2, 17, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Pretty much all gone these days
I thought that was how it worked until Mrs. stifle arrived last month on EI144 at 14:00 and had no security check before transferring onwards.

To be clear, my previous post was specific to the security check and did not relate to the boarding pass or passport checks.
Old Nov 2, 17, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry! I misinterpreted it as meaning the transfer channel was closed.
Old Nov 9, 17, 6:50 am

I flew DUB-FCO last week and Id say 30% were US connections and all seemed to make it ok.

Search this Thread