Are tickets release back into the pool?

Old Oct 22, 17, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Are tickets release back into the pool?

I was looking to book CDG-DUB-SFO for after New Years (one way), but accidentally booked only DUB-SFO. Before I booked the mistake fare, I was quoted 1500 for CDG-DUB-SFO. After refunding my mistake fare, the cheapest CDG-DUB-SFO is 1700.

Will the original fare basis be released back; is there any way for me to pay 1500 instead of 1700?
Old Oct 22, 17, 10:01 pm

Not that I'm aware of.
Old Oct 23, 17, 2:00 am

I assume you are referring to business class. If you book an outbound in business and find the cheapest return in economy at some random date you'll get it for under 1500.
Old Oct 23, 17, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Never mind...

Last edited by irishguy28; Oct 23, 17 at 3:48 am
Old Oct 23, 17, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by cat0 View Post
Will the original fare basis be released back; is there any way for me to pay €1500 instead of €1700?
That's not generally how fares work. [fares are constantly changing, and they all expire after a certain amount of time, if not indeed pulled before they were due to expire. It is not that they "wait" until a certain amount of seats are sold at that fare, and then realise later - "hey, we didn't sell any of this particular fare for this flight, we must put it back on sale at this rate"]

A one-way €1500 fare for CDG-SFO is well below the average for this route; the current cheapest available EI fare for this route is €2348.

As such, the fare you claim seems like a very special offer and there is no way of knowing when and if any similar offer will appear - especially for your chosen date.

If the fare you paid from Dublin was acceptable, I would have -instead of cancelling the ticket - bought a separate connecting CDG-DUB flight, preferably on the day before, thereby allowing you to take the ticket that you had.

The previous poster's advice is also excellent:
Attached Images  
James91 likes this.

Last edited by irishguy28; Oct 23, 17 at 3:54 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: