Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Flying Aer Lingus Business Class-A Couple of Questions

Old Oct 16, 17, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

I currently live in London but I'm looking at flying Aer Lingus's business class product home to IAD for Christmas. I had about 3-4 questions about it.

1) I notice most of the layover's from LHR-IAD are quite short(less then two hours) Would I still have time to check out the lounge/catch my flight? Do I still have to go through passport control/customs?

2) Whats Aer Lingus's short haul business class product like? The only short/medium haul European business class product I've experienced is TK.

3) Does Aer Lingus have a lounge at Dulles?

4) Can points earned on Aer Lingus be used for any other airline? As I have accumulated some on TK/Star Alliance. Was wondering if an Aer Lingus flight would count towards that?

Thank you in advance!
Old Oct 16, 17, 3:27 pm

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Transatlantic American View Post
I currently live in London but I'm looking at flying Aer Lingus's business class product home to IAD for Christmas. I had about 3-4 questions about it.

1) I notice most of the layover's from LHR-IAD are quite short(less then two hours) Would I still have time to check out the lounge/catch my flight? Do I still have to go through passport control/customs?

2) Whats Aer Lingus's short haul business class product like? The only short/medium haul European business class product I've experienced is TK.

3) Does Aer Lingus have a lounge at Dulles?

4) Can points earned on Aer Lingus be used for any other airline? As I have accumulated some on TK/Star Alliance. Was wondering if an Aer Lingus flight would count towards that?

Thank you in advance!
1. 2 hours is plenty. You will clear US CBP in Dublin and you don't want to spend too long in the lounges as they are nothing special. The lounge after CBP is 51st and Green which there are many reviews on if you put this into google.
2. EI have no short haul business class. Its all economy.
3. EI use the BA lounge in Dulles.
4. You can earn Avios using EI own Aer Club and transfer to BA/IB. I am not sure about other earning opportunities.

The business seat on the Long haul is pretty decent and combined with CBP in Dub is a pretty good way of getting to IAD. Note that this is on a 757 in case narrow bodies is an issue for you.
Old Oct 16, 17, 5:04 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Biz class seat is the same regardless of 757 or A330

Can post the points to United also, but check the booking class letters and verify you will earn

Flights from LHR typically use the low numbered gates so least walk, from doors opening to being through connections and CBP (assuming not your first US visit) 20-30 minutes should do.

And you will have lounge access at the Aer Lingus lounge in LHR by virtue if your onward from Dublin being in biz
Old Oct 22, 17, 9:49 pm

Programs: Many
Possible to earn EQM on any airlines in major alliances while flying EI metal?
Old Oct 23, 17, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
Possible to earn EQM on any airlines in major alliances while flying EI metal?
Yes, if you book the flights under their BA flightcodes and collect in BA Executive Club.

Search this Thread