Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus looking at new bases outside of Ireland for TATL flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus looking at new bases outside of Ireland for TATL flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by AlanA
What on earth did we do for flights before the nice EU masters controlled our skies? (Sarcasm mode off)
I know it may be hard, but being a brexit troll/git simply just embarrassed us all.

In simple terms within the EU a UK based airline can flyer any inter EU route (like Easyjet does) and between the EU and other countries where there is an agreement in place (IAG OpenSkies for example).

A UK based company can own a 100% of a EU airlines.

After Brexit these rules won't apply and we will have to revert to new agreements or old rules. So Easyjet will no longer be allowed to fly inter EU and IAG could well be broken up.

So it's all very well doing the whole brexit bulldog thing and coming onto airlines forums and being rude to people but it is actually doing sod all to get us out of the actual hole people like you have dug us into.
MichaelBaku likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.