Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

flight to Dub from SFO, where to get boarding pass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Friends are traveling to Dublin today. They started at SMF with United, all one PNR, but United wouldn't give them a boarding pass for the Dublin flight. Do they have to go out to the check in counter? When will that open? Or, can they wait until someone shows up at the gate and get boarding passes then? Will they lose their seats?

Thanks!!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Two possible issues

1. Must have seats selected on the Aer Lingus flight, if thats the case only Aer Lingus can issue

2. United IT is a bit weird, try entering the full Aer Lingus ticket number, thats the number 053xxxxxxxxxxx

Otherwise upon arrival at SFO, proceed to the international terminal, no need to clear security and find the gate for the flight and find the gate agent to issue the boarding card, you will have to speak with them even if you had the boarding cards as a passport check is required. Normally staff floating around as soon as the inbound flight has arrived, otherwise head to the international terminal, exit there to the check in, opens 3 hours before departure from SFO

Or just log on to Aer Lingus website and check in
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

They area checked in, have seats assigned by Aer Lingus, have the eticket number they got from United (both flights booked through United, points redemption SMF to Dub via SFO).

So, I'm thinking they can wait for the gate to open and get the boarding passes. I'll let them know if that makes them nervous, they can exit security and do it then.

Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.