Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

BRI -> DUB--> JFK Enough time to pre-clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:12 am
Original Poster

I'm looking to fly Aer Lingus business from Bristol to JFK via Dublin.

The flight times are as follows:

Aer LingusAer Lingus EI3281 | Operated by Stobart Air
1h 15
08:10 BRS Bristol
09:25 DUB Dublin
1h 25Connect in airport
Aer LingusAer Lingus EI105
7h 30
10:50 DUB Dublin
13:20 JFK New York John F. Kennedy

I had a few questions that I wondered if anyone knew the answer to:

• If the Stobart Air flight is delayed into DUB will Aer Lingus be required to sort a replacement? I presume so?
  • Will my baggage be automatically moved at Dublin or do I need to collect and re-check in?
  • Am I likely to need to move from T2 to T1 / does that involve another security check?
  • Is 1:25 enough time to transfer?
  • Do I have enough time to pre-clear USA immigration at Dublin within the 1:25? As it is business and a connection can Aer Lingus help speed this up any way?

I've been searching for the answers to these but I expect it's not a terribly common flight so am struggling!

Any/all help appreciated,
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
The answer depends on wether you are travelling on one single ticket or two separate tickets.

If one separate ticket then they will sort out re-routing in the event of a delay and your baggage will be checked through top JFK. 1h25 should be plenty of time. I wouldn't hang around too much and make your way straight to the US Pre-Clearence area once you arrive from BRS.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by th0m45
I'm looking to fly Aer Lingus business from Bristol to JFK via Dublin.
If the ticket you are contemplating buying is one that is offered by Aer Lingus, then go for it. [In that case the airline is reponsible for rebooking you in case of delays, and your luggage is tagged through to yoru final destination]

If, instead, you are piecing together your own travel by buying tickets, then do not do this. When you are self-connecting, you should be aiming to MAXIMISE the time between flights. You would be responsible for rebooking yourself in case of delays, and your luggage would not necessarily be checked through - only to the destination of each individual ticket.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: Aer Lingus, BA, Hilton
Agree with the above but also note transatlantic flights are all from t2. Even if you had to change terminals you don't need to go landside and go through security again if bags are checked through. If you have to collect bags and re-check, I am less sure.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: SMWS
you'll arrive at T2. A Stobart flight is usually bussed to the pier. When you get to the passport hall take a left to the Flight Connections desk

There is a fast track lane for business tickets in preclearance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.