Questions re Gatwick-Dublin

Old Aug 27, 17, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Questions re Gatwick-Dublin

Next July my wife and I might fly GTW-DUB. I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way at the time of ticketing to buy up to get exit row or any other extra legroom seats on EI flights such as this? If so, any idea of how much it costs?
2. I understand that EI will be joining One World. Any idea of whether it will be a member by next July?
3. We'd be arriving at GTW on a separate ticket, on a Norwegian Air flight about four hours before our preferred EI flight to DUB. I'm focusing on that EI flight because it would seem to offer plenty of time for transit without having to hang around too long, assuming the Norwegian flight arrives on time. But if I'm being too optimistic or if there is any other advice we need in transiting in GTW, I'd welcome folks letting me know. (FYI, we'd just have carry-on bags.)

Thanks for any help!
Old Aug 27, 17, 5:03 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

You can buy a seat selection at time of booking or after. The only extra legroom seats are Exit ones and those cost GBP14.99 each. You get priority boarding with this also.

4 hours is enough unless there was a major delay on the DY/D8 flight. On two tickets I give myself 4 hours in LGW and never missed a connection. In fact I usually have plenty of time.
Old Aug 28, 17, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Note that Gatwick is LGW. GTW is Holesov Airport in Czechia.

Given that you are talking about travel 11 months in the future, be warned that there will likely be several schedule changes to the ticket you already hold. If you add another ticket to the equation at this stage, then you have two tickets that may experience multiple schedule changes, making your connection unviable. My advice? Wait until 2-3 months before travel to book your separate ticket. Or build in an overnight (or longer) stay in London. As oneworld membership is important, you could fly from LHR to DUB on BA instead.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: