Dublin airport hotels

Old Aug 18, 17, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
Dublin airport hotels

I'll be travelling with Mrs Nightbus, our two small children & 3 month old baby so will require a room before a flight.
Which is the better hotel for our needs out of Rad Blu & the Maldron at the airport?
Old Aug 18, 17, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
There is not much to pick between them. Both offer rooms for the night!

Given your name, you may wish to investigate cheaper options in the city centre, which is easily accessible by bus!
Old Aug 18, 17, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Nightbus to Dalson View Post
I'll be travelling with Mrs Nightbus, our two small children & 3 month old baby so will require a room before a flight.
Which is the better hotel for our needs out of Rad Blu & the Maldron at the airport?
It comes down to personal preference. I like the Maldron personally.
Old Aug 18, 17, 10:02 pm
soy

Programs: various
I assume you arrive late, leave early, so its basically a bed for X hours close to the airport. Choose on price.
IIRC, Radisson has rooms with 2x doubles, not sure about Maldron
Old Aug 20, 17, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
We'll be landing about 10pm but will have connected from a long haul from BKK.
I have 3 children under 6 with the youngest being 4 months old so want to get them into a proper bed asap hence the only close options are those 2 hotels.
I've checked out their websites & tripadvisor reviews plus I've stayed in the Rad Blu by myself so wondered if anyone off here had something to add
Old Mar 16, 18, 2:37 pm

Programs: ex-US Gold, Accor Silver, AF apologist
just to bump this thread. On TripAdvisor, it appears that both the Radisson and Maldron are "walkable" from the Terminal (though no one seems to address how walkable they are). I have an early morning flight to LHR on BA. I certainly don't mind waiting for a shuttle, but a 3-5 walk sounds like a nice alternative (unless it is raining). Are either of these properties actually walkable? i.e. are there sidewalks that one can follow or would I be walking on the side of the road. If it matters, I would have one suitcase on wheels. Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 18, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by mapboyPHL View Post
just to bump this thread. On TripAdvisor, it appears that both the Radisson and Maldron are "walkable" from the Terminal (though no one seems to address how walkable they are). I have an early morning flight to LHR on BA. I certainly don't mind waiting for a shuttle, but a 3-5 walk sounds like a nice alternative (unless it is raining). Are either of these properties actually walkable? i.e. are there sidewalks that one can follow or would I be walking on the side of the road. If it matters, I would have one suitcase on wheels. Thanks!
The Raddisson Blu is walkable, though it isn't fully sidewalked/crosswalk Ed if I remembering correctly.
Old Mar 17, 18, 4:54 am

The Radisson Blu is fully walkable on footpaths. I am a fast walker and it takes 5 minutes from Terminal 2.
mapboyPHL likes this.
Old Mar 17, 18, 6:28 am

Both hotels fully walkable in dry weather. If it is raining then take the shuttle as no cover at all.
mapboyPHL likes this.
Old Mar 17, 18, 11:50 am

The Maldron is very walkable especially from T2. Cross the road by where the taxis re and then just follow the road around to the Maldron. It is a little nearer than the Radisonn but not by much (The Rad is across the very busy road and you would need to go a slighly different and longer route. Both also have hotel buses but I walk as it is so near but if it was raining I might wait for the bus.
My preferred hotel when flying from Dublin.
mapboyPHL likes this.
Old Mar 17, 18, 12:37 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Both are almost the same distance from the terminals. I've left the Radisson, walked to T2 did all formalities actually been seated on the plane within 20 minutes...

For T1, both has shuttle buses, better option if you have luggage
mapboyPHL likes this.
Old Mar 17, 18, 7:27 pm

I have stayed at the Carlton Hotel at Dublin Airport, and it was fine. There's a shuttle to the airport running pretty frequently (I think it was every half hour) and it's like a 3 minute ride.
Old Mar 18, 18, 10:27 am

We use the Premier Inn at Swords village, 2 euros bust return fir adults, children travel free.

good rooms and you know what you are getting
Old Mar 18, 18, 2:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy PE/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Holiday Inn Express. Basic digs with complementary shuttle, wifi and breakfast offerings.
Old Mar 20, 18, 4:12 pm

Programs: ex-US Gold, Accor Silver, AF apologist
Thanks everyone for the info!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: