FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Dublin airport hotels (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1861662-dublin-airport-hotels.html)

Nightbus to Dalson Aug 18, 2017 4:16 am

Dublin airport hotels

I'll be travelling with Mrs Nightbus, our two small children & 3 month old baby so will require a room before a flight.
Which is the better hotel for our needs out of Rad Blu & the Maldron at the airport?

irishguy28 Aug 18, 2017 4:27 am

There is not much to pick between them. Both offer rooms for the night!

Given your name, you may wish to investigate cheaper options in the city centre, which is easily accessible by bus!

DELLAS Aug 18, 2017 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Nightbus to Dalson (Post 28705446)
I'll be travelling with Mrs Nightbus, our two small children & 3 month old baby so will require a room before a flight.
Which is the better hotel for our needs out of Rad Blu & the Maldron at the airport?

It comes down to personal preference. I like the Maldron personally.

soy Aug 18, 2017 10:02 pm

I assume you arrive late, leave early, so its basically a bed for X hours close to the airport. Choose on price.
IIRC, Radisson has rooms with 2x doubles, not sure about Maldron

Nightbus to Dalson Aug 20, 2017 3:56 am

We'll be landing about 10pm but will have connected from a long haul from BKK.
I have 3 children under 6 with the youngest being 4 months old so want to get them into a proper bed asap hence the only close options are those 2 hotels.
I've checked out their websites & tripadvisor reviews plus I've stayed in the Rad Blu by myself so wondered if anyone off here had something to add

mapboyPHL Mar 16, 2018 2:37 pm

just to bump this thread. On TripAdvisor, it appears that both the Radisson and Maldron are "walkable" from the Terminal (though no one seems to address how walkable they are). I have an early morning flight to LHR on BA. I certainly don't mind waiting for a shuttle, but a 3-5 walk sounds like a nice alternative (unless it is raining). Are either of these properties actually walkable? i.e. are there sidewalks that one can follow or would I be walking on the side of the road. If it matters, I would have one suitcase on wheels. Thanks!

PDXNRTLHR Mar 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by mapboyPHL (Post 29533263)
just to bump this thread. On TripAdvisor, it appears that both the Radisson and Maldron are "walkable" from the Terminal (though no one seems to address how walkable they are). I have an early morning flight to LHR on BA. I certainly don't mind waiting for a shuttle, but a 3-5 walk sounds like a nice alternative (unless it is raining). Are either of these properties actually walkable? i.e. are there sidewalks that one can follow or would I be walking on the side of the road. If it matters, I would have one suitcase on wheels. Thanks!

The Raddisson Blu is walkable, though it isn't fully sidewalked/crosswalk Ed if I remembering correctly.

Angliham1 Mar 17, 2018 4:54 am

The Radisson Blu is fully walkable on footpaths. I am a fast walker and it takes 5 minutes from Terminal 2.

DELLAS Mar 17, 2018 6:28 am

Both hotels fully walkable in dry weather. If it is raining then take the shuttle as no cover at all.

TPloser Mar 17, 2018 11:50 am

The Maldron is very walkable especially from T2. Cross the road by where the taxis re and then just follow the road around to the Maldron. It is a little nearer than the Radisonn but not by much (The Rad is across the very busy road and you would need to go a slighly different and longer route. Both also have hotel buses but I walk as it is so near but if it was raining I might wait for the bus.
My preferred hotel when flying from Dublin.

ROKNA Mar 17, 2018 12:37 pm

Both are almost the same distance from the terminals. I've left the Radisson, walked to T2 did all formalities actually been seated on the plane within 20 minutes...

For T1, both has shuttle buses, better option if you have luggage

Ber2dca Mar 17, 2018 7:27 pm

I have stayed at the Carlton Hotel at Dublin Airport, and it was fine. There's a shuttle to the airport running pretty frequently (I think it was every half hour) and it's like a 3 minute ride.

AlanA Mar 18, 2018 10:27 am

We use the Premier Inn at Swords village, 2 euros bust return fir adults, children travel free.

good rooms and you know what you are getting

ACYYZ/SD Mar 18, 2018 2:13 pm

Holiday Inn Express. Basic digs with complementary shuttle, wifi and breakfast offerings.

mapboyPHL Mar 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Thanks everyone for the info!