EI v ET

Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
EI v ET

I am going to stick this in here. I don't know if this is the best place for it.

I am pricing some J flights for January '18 with ET coming in between €1300-1600 depending on days etc. DUB-LAX

Now looking at the EI site and the same-ish flights are never under €3000.

So what gives? I like the ET flight times, getting into LA at 0900 local and not departing till evening.

How is the EI service so much better than the ET service?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Price is not necessarily related to quality.
In general 5th freedom route (like ET's DUB-LAX) will have lower fares than home carriers. EI has strong market recognition on both ends of the route, and there is a lot of O&D.
EI also has a very good product, in my opinion, one of the best Transatlantic Business Class products. I think their Food and Beverage options are excellent and the Vantage seat is also well up there.

All of that said, at this price differential I would give ET a go.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by energydj
I am going to stick this in here. I don't know if this is the best place for it.

I am pricing some J flights for January '18 with ET coming in between €1300-1600 depending on days etc. DUB-LAX

Now looking at the EI site and the same-ish flights are never under €3000.

So what gives? I like the ET flight times, getting into LA at 0900 local and not departing till evening.

How is the EI service so much better than the ET service?
ET offer a pretty decent product and you cant go wrong with those prices. Already they pick up quite a bit of Premium traffic DUB-LAX-DUB. I know quite a few who now use this service and have nothing but praise for it.

Once people get past the name and what they associate Ethiopia with then they usually are quite surprised after their first experience. Coupled with the new aircraft and Star Alliance membership they really have a lot to offer.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Coupled with the new aircraft and Star Alliance membership they really have a lot to offer.
One downside is that the cheap J fares (P class) earn nothing in most Star Alliance programmes.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by blagger
One downside is that the cheap J fares (P class) earn nothing in most Star Alliance programmes.
If people are that interested in the miles they can upgrade for a small fee to D which is around EUR90-100 return.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.