Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest Tier Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Cheapest Tier Miles

Cant see anything in the mileage run deal section so posting here.

Based on my flight schedule I think I am going to be about 150 tier credits short of conceirge by my tier reset date. If I get it I would use the 4 free transatlantic upgrades.

I am trying to figure out if it is worth while doing a mileage run for tier credits.

What is the cheapest way of picking up tier credits? Would it be advantage fares on European routes? And if so what routes?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Cheapest is IE-UK and pay advantage on the lowest possible fare (i.e. w/z/a buckets), but do the math on cost per tier point

Best I've managed is 3.20 euro per point (so in theory you can get to Concierge for just over 3k spend)

Problem is doubling back on yourself on the same flight really doesn't work apart from AMS, CDG, PRG and DUS (AMS being by far the easiest since online check in now works from AMS and no security check). So plan to at least have lunch at where you choose.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by Tom_IE
Cant see anything in the mileage run deal section so posting here.

Based on my flight schedule I think I am going to be about 150 tier credits short of conceirge by my tier reset date. If I get it I would use the 4 free transatlantic upgrades.

I am trying to figure out if it is worth while doing a mileage run for tier credits.

What is the cheapest way of picking up tier credits? Would it be advantage fares on European routes? And if so what routes?
Do you still get 4 upgrades ? as far as I can see you only get one in the new programme ( 1 also at Platinum so two in total )
Old Jun 30, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Danash
Do you still get 4 upgrades ? as far as I can see you only get one in the new programme ( 1 also at Platinum so two in total )
??? Platinum gets gets 1 upgrade, concierge gets 4 (and a free companion ticket). I have just ticked over to a new year and both benefits have auto renewed.

In answer to the OP - check out DUB-KIR - often very cheap in terms of Tier Credits....
Old Jul 2, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dambus

In answer to the OP - check out DUB-KIR - often very cheap in terms of Tier Credits....
Question is getting back on the same flight as the incoming I don't think anyone wants to spend a day at KIR waiting to get home, but if its advantage fare its not an issue
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Question is getting back on the same flight as the incoming I don't think anyone wants to spend a day at KIR waiting to get home, but if its advantage fare its not an issue
I have flown in and out of KIR but not a back to back.

From the arrivals hall it is no more than 3 mins back to departures security and 1 min from there to the gates. Suspect 15mins in total would get you from the plane steps back to the departure gate (assuming on-line check-in).
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Danash
You get 4..clearly stated on the website

https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/us...ab-3-concierge
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by Drums
You get 4..clearly stated on the website

https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/us...ab-3-concierge
Thanks - hadn't scrolled past the main matrix !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.