How to Get Aer Lingus on the Phone!!!???

Old May 22, 17, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Angry How to Get Aer Lingus on the Phone!!!???

Anyone have a way to actually get in touch with them? Their website will not let me prebook seats, change my son to an adult and preorder kids meals because we booked our flights through British Airways and Avios.com.

I have tried for 3 days to get them on the phone, trying every number under the sun. I have waited for 2 hours at a time, been hung up on after 30 minutes, gotten multiple busy signals and generally gotten nowhere. I tried calling British Airways and they gave me a different number to try but it didn't work either.

Anyone have success with a phone # or have any tips?! This is so frustrating. I don't ever want to fly them again!

Thank you.
Lyn
GotoTravelGal.com
Old May 23, 17, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by GotoTravelGal View Post
Anyone have a way to actually get in touch with them? Their website will not let me prebook seats, change my son to an adult and preorder kids meals because we booked our flights through British Airways and Avios.com.

I have tried for 3 days to get them on the phone, trying every number under the sun. I have waited for 2 hours at a time, been hung up on after 30 minutes, gotten multiple busy signals and generally gotten nowhere. I tried calling British Airways and they gave me a different number to try but it didn't work either.

Anyone have success with a phone # or have any tips?! This is so frustrating. I don't ever want to fly them again!

Thank you.
Lyn
GotoTravelGal.com
If you booked your flights through Avios.com it will not be an Aer Lingus ticket and therefore they will not be able to make any changes to your booking.

Try calling the Avios number below.

+353 1 562 1043
Old May 23, 17, 6:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Silver
Good luck with that one! I booked mine through Hotwire. Tried Aer Lingus...used the 516 area code number for reservations that I found on the web site. Waited almost 45 minutes for them to pick up. Then called Hotwire...explained to them I needed seats...they called and it took about 20 minutes that time. Hotwire then put me through and I spoke directly with Aer Lingus to get my seats.

When questioned about it, the response from Aer Lingus was that third parties actually control the tickets...not Aer Lingus. Haven't heard that one before. All changed had to come from the place you booked your ticket. But they just put me back on the phone with Aer Lingus to get it done anyways! Go figure.

Had to repeat the same process to pre-book meals and get the exit row seat for our overseas flights. One nice thing is that normally Aer Lingus won't let you book inter-Europe seats in advance for free...wanted a nominal fee for that. When Hotwire connected me, they booked them for free.

Good luck.
Old May 23, 17, 10:22 am

Programs: AA, USAir
I've been on hold for 4o minutes and then hung up TWICE. Felt lucky to not get a busy signal on both the 800 and the NY numbers.

Very frustrating. Are people in Ireland having same issue?
Old May 24, 17, 2:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver, Delta Silver, IHG Gold
516 622 4226 typically has had longish (30 - 60 minutes) hold times for me but never had the problem of being hung up on
Old May 24, 17, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I think seats might be selectable through the Finnair or Royal Jordanian websites, if Avios.com books on an Amadeus platform?

You might also be able to locate an EI. PNR through checkmytrip, or similar. If it starts with a 2, you may be able to use that to select seats.

alternaively you will be able to check-in online 30 hours prior to departure. You will be able to select seats during the process. There is usually a decent selection, I really wouldn't worry too much.
Old May 26, 17, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by GotoTravelGal View Post

Thank you.
Lyn
GotoTravelGal.com
Old May 28, 17, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Great tip. Thank you. Definitely the downside of booking on Avios.com versus Aer Lingus directly.
Old May 28, 17, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Wow, all very interesting! We booked through Avios.com and it seems Aer Lingus can not do much of anything if you don't book directly through their website. Pretty frustrating.
Old May 29, 17, 2:50 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
The EI PNR will be on the Avios confirmation email you recieve. You may have to look carefully for it, as i didnt spot it on first look.

Originally Posted by BrianDromey View Post
You might also be able to locate an EI. PNR through checkmytrip, or similar. If it starts with a 2, you may be able to use that to select seats.
Old Jun 15, 17, 11:08 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
Booked my trip through Orbitz yesterday. Called the 516 number today. 40 min on hold, but they were able to complete my seat assignments.
Old Jul 24, 17, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC, AerClub, HHonours
Booked aer lingus through avios, got two locators, one W* and an EI 2* one
Can't seem to choose seats online, tried the 2* EI locator on Aer Lingus, Royal Jordanian and Finnair with no luck
Checkmytrip with the W* locator gives me the seat plan, but an error when I try to choose a seat indicating I need to contact agent

May try and call Aer Lingus but sounds like I may be wasting my time..
Old Jul 24, 17, 6:27 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Free seat selection applies only to transatlantic flights.
Old Jul 25, 17, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC, AerClub, HHonours
Its DUB-EWR so it is a transatlantic flight..
Old Jul 26, 17, 3:04 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by KiteFlyerP View Post
Its DUB-EWR so it is a transatlantic flight..
Try the NYC number, that can pick up quickly, or contact on twitter, the social media folks are very quick.

For those of us who travel regularly through Dublin we simply ask the lounge staff, who put the reference in the book and then allocate choice seats for free once the check in window opens.

The EI website can only manage bookings made directly with Aer Lingus, an Avios booking is considered a third party booking

Search this Thread