Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Using avios for a Business class seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: etihad guest silver/ba bronze

Have looked on avios.com for one seat from dub to lax/sfo for the next 8-9 months and not one seat available! Does anyone know why this is? Good availability to Bos and Nyc.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Because they can sell seats to LAX/SFO at good yields so don't need/want to make award seats available
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
have never seen 1 seat available to LAX/SFO in the entire time since AerClub opened
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:43 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
In January 2017 I used 6000 GC points to travel into SFO and out of LAX and then used EI Elite upgrades to move to Business. I booked the trip before Aer Club was introduced. I could only get SFO one way and had to be completely flexible regarding dates. It took a bit of going back and forward to GC admin before the trip was nailed down. It was a very labour intensive process and a PITA. If I recall taxes were in the region of about €320.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.