Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Club Registration

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: AerClub, BAEC.
Not sure how long it's been there, but the AerClub FAQ page https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/about-aerclub/faqs/ has some info on this topic -

I am having trouble registering for an AerClub account. What am I doing wrong?

Here are some common issues that arise when registering for a new account:
  • Make sure to keep your address lines under 22 characters.
  • When entering your county, just use the county name.
  • In the postcode field, use all capitals and don't leave any spaces.
  • If you are from Northern Ireland, you'll need to select U.K. as your country of residence in order to register.
  • Make sure your country of residence matches the country code on your phone number.
  • If you are a NI/UK resident, make sure your phone number area code only has three digits and the local number has 7 digits.
davm666 likes this.

Last edited by DiegoTristan; May 16, 2018 at 9:48 pm
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
I don't think I have ever come across a commercial service that has proved so difficult to join. I have never been a member of Gold Circle or had an account ported. I am an Avios.com and BAEC member, but I've tried using different email addresses and on each occasion get the vague message:

Unfortunately we are unable to complete your registration.

With no clue as to what I am supposed to correct.

I've followed all the helpful suggestions #16 and tried variations.

Think I'll give up and just avoid Aer Lingus generally.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I was trying to register this early morning, but as soon as one clicks "join" there is a maintenance notice page saying there will be disruptions from 18:00 on the 13th to 4:00 on the 14th, disallowing any other operation about the registration or login. I get the maintenance notice, but we're still enough before the advertised time frame?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:53 am

Was anyone else having issues registering / migrating able to get their issues resolved? My account migration from Gold Circle to Aer Club is still in limbo
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:16 pm

I got the unhelpful "Unfortunately we are unable to complete your registration" message when trying to register. I was eventually successful when I added a few characters to my username after guessing someone else had claimed the one I was attempting to set up.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:36 pm

I was stuck at the same "Unfortunately we are unable to complete registration" message for my wife's account. I kept hacking away trying different things. Finally I made three changes at once and it went through.
- I changed the username that I had selected to be the email address associated with the account
- I put something into line 2 of the address field, which was blank before (even though there is no asterisk in the field)
- I changed Mrs to Ms in the top name field.
Not sure which change made the difference but it worked.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, and anything Amex Plat are dishing out
Another frustrated wannabe registrant - I've been trying for several weeks to register for aerclub/avios by logging into my aer lingus account and clicking to join aerclub. Every time I get to the end and get "This account has already expired" - which makes no sense. I've removed the postcode gap, ensured all address lines are complete, phone number is Area=3 digits. IAny helpful advice would be very gratefully received. Thank you
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:43 am

I also had difficulty creating an account. Turns out it was because I already had an Avios.com account. So on Aer Lingus site, I tried to login with avios.com login, it says they need to send email to verify email, and then it all worked!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The website is a little bit dodgy.

Having just logged in to my AerClub account this morning, and being brought to the landing page showing my membership status, the following pop up appeared asking me to "help improve the website".

Attached Images  
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The website is a little bit dodgy.

Having just logged in to my AerClub account this morning, and being brought to the landing page showing my membership status, the following pop up appeared asking me to "help improve the website".

“I am not sure” feels like the safest option!
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I also had difficulty creating an account. Turns out it was because I already had an Avios.com account. So on Aer Lingus site, I tried to login with avios.com login, it says they need to send email to verify email, and then it all worked!
I've had an account for a while but all of a sudden my login doesn't work. I try to reset the password then I get informed I need to read the verification email. Unfortunately I never receive the verification email

How can I get help
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: AerClub, BAEC.
Originally Posted by lfc84
I've had an account for a while but all of a sudden my login doesn't work. I try to reset the password then I get informed I need to read the verification email. Unfortunately I never receive the verification email

How can I get help

Think they might be having some system issues (again!). I can get in on the Aer Lingus website, but not on Avios site even though log in details are the same.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by DiegoTristan
Think they might be having some system issues (again!). I can get in on the Aer Lingus website, but not on Avios site even though log in details are the same.
They are, I got through to the customer help on Monday, via the chat facility on the website, and they said login to Aer Club wouldn't be possible until Tuesday night.

I hadn't got around to trying again, but I assume it's still not working...

I was given the impression that bookings, etc, can still be taken over the phone, so to those wanting to do something with their account, just pick up the phone.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:56 pm

Yep, another botched upgrade. Amateur hour!
I can log into aerlingus.com, but can't get into avios or estore. I noticed that my Avios transaction history on aerlingus.com has been wiped out and replaced with a single transaction on October 5 that credits all my points back (but not much use if I can't access Avios to use them or transfer them over to BA). And those forced app updates without any notice are ridiculous (at least the 3rd I've noticed this year on iOS).
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by blagger
Yep, another botched upgrade. Amateur hour!
I can log into aerlingus.com, but can't get into avios or estore. I noticed that my Avios transaction history on aerlingus.com has been wiped out and replaced with a single transaction on October 5 that credits all my points back (but not much use if I can't access Avios to use them or transfer them over to BA). And those forced app updates without any notice are ridiculous (at least the 3rd I've noticed this year on iOS).
Same here, hopefully they can sort it out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.