Missing Flight Form - Finally!

Old Apr 3, 17, 1:12 pm
  #31  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: AerClub, TopBonus, Amex
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by Dambus View Post
No particular pattern. All my flights are long haul and I am missing a random combination of Y/C legs both inbound and outbound.

The only consistent failure to post is around Y upgraded to C legs - 0/3 at the moment.
i see that only flights from US or Dublin are credited. No update so far. So frustrating..
krefe is offline  
Old Apr 4, 17, 3:00 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Programs: BA Silver, AerClub Platinum, IHG Rewards Club Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 107
All flights that depart Dublin, or come from the UK, seem to work for me. Had a flight from AMS last night, will be interested to see if it'll post.
alancostello is offline  
Old Apr 4, 17, 6:23 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 91
Definetley a problem with the outstations sounds like to me. Doubt that will be fixed anytime soon.
Drums is offline  
Old Apr 4, 17, 6:52 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Programs: BA Silver, AerClub Platinum, IHG Rewards Club Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 107
The system seems to be changing too. At the launch of AerClub I'd get the points 14-21 days after the return journey, and both legs would post together. But now it seems to post 3-5 days after each leg and they post separately. In general I suppose it's an improvement, but I'd sooner have it work reliably for all flights(even if it takes longer), than work quicker but only for some flights.
alancostello is offline  
Old Apr 4, 17, 10:20 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,732
Originally Posted by Drums View Post
Definetley a problem with the outstations sounds like to me. Doubt that will be fixed anytime soon.
Im the opposite . Out stations working DUB not.
DELLAS is offline  
Old Apr 4, 17, 10:30 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dublin
Programs: Aer Lingus
Posts: 250
The only flights that aren't posting for me are the inbound to Dublin from the random UK locations I fly to / from. Very frustrating online form also.
ferg01 is offline  
Old Apr 5, 17, 4:40 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dublin
Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Posts: 346
Has anybody got credits as a result of submitting the missing flights form. My inwards flights are not crediting and I have submitted forms as long as 6 weeks ago with no subsequent credits.
MBDublin is offline  
Old Apr 5, 17, 4:11 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by MBDublin View Post
Has anybody got credits as a result of submitting the missing flights form. My inwards flights are not crediting and I have submitted forms as long as 6 weeks ago with no subsequent credits.
No same here missing a few flight and claimed on the form but they still haven't credited.

It is a poorly designed form and not at all clear what information you need to fill in.
Tom_IE is offline  
Old Apr 7, 17, 8:55 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: DUB/ORD/SIN
Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Silver, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Posts: 2,732
Originally Posted by MBDublin View Post
Has anybody got credits as a result of submitting the missing flights form. My inwards flights are not crediting and I have submitted forms as long as 6 weeks ago with no subsequent credits.
Nothing yet - but only submitted 3 weeks ago.
Dambus is offline  
Old Apr 9, 17, 12:24 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: EIDW
Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Posts: 839
Nothing here at all, missing 70 points

The pattern is getting clearer, check in at a airport IE, UK, CA, US, NL it works, thats Astral DCS as you will get a EI brand boarding card. AMS was moved to Astral when EI stopped using KLM to handle them in AMS

Anywhere else it doesn't seem to work, confirmed based on my travel and colleagues LIS, DUS, TXL, FRA, MAD

MAD used to work prior to the AC transition

Could be helpful to build up a list of location vs DCS in use

Another possible issue is how the system matches your name and FF number, there is a check to make sure the name and number match and this can trip things up, if you have a middle name or title
ROKNA is online now  
Old Apr 10, 17, 8:17 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Dublin
Programs: Aer Lingus Aerclub Concierge, UA*S, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
Nothing here at all, missing 70 points

The pattern is getting clearer, check in at a airport IE, UK, CA, US, NL it works, thats Astral DCS as you will get a EI brand boarding card. AMS was moved to Astral when EI stopped using KLM to handle them in AMS

Anywhere else it doesn't seem to work, confirmed based on my travel and colleagues LIS, DUS, TXL, FRA, MAD

MAD used to work prior to the AC transition

Could be helpful to build up a list of location vs DCS in use

Another possible issue is how the system matches your name and FF number, there is a check to make sure the name and number match and this can trip things up, if you have a middle name or title
This doesn't explain web or app check-ins though, or does it?
(BRU nor LIN work, will see if LGW works in a day or two)
D6chap is offline  
Old Apr 10, 17, 11:59 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: EIDW
Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Posts: 839
Web check in ultimately ends up going through the checkin DCS used at the airport

So if do DUS DUB online, Astral checks you in on the PNR (not Astral DCS), the PNR list is then dumped into the DCS in DUS 4.5-2.4 hours before departure

The check in list from the DCS is then imported into AC/GC. This is when the name vs ff number is checked. Lets just say the DCS in DUS (and MUC/HAM) is ancient and even says I have a paper ticket
ROKNA is online now  
Old Apr 12, 17, 3:30 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 47
Not sure if this text has changed but looks like missing flights will be added in the next phase of Aerclub.

We will capture your data as submitted however the Tier Credits and Avios points associated with these flights will be added to your account in the next stage of our phased roll out of AerClub. We will inform all our members once the retro claims have been processed and it will be available for view on your online profile.
Tom_IE is offline  
Old Apr 12, 17, 3:45 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,732
On Social Media they are saying up to 2 months as well as ''Next phase''. Bit of a disaster for people who are missing their flights and would be Silver or above when they get them. In the meantime they are denied their lounge access,Priority boarding etc...
DELLAS is offline  
Old Apr 12, 17, 4:25 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: DUB/ORD/SIN
Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Silver, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Posts: 2,732
Originally Posted by DELLAS View Post
On Social Media they are saying up to 2 months as well as ''Next phase''. Bit of a disaster for people who are missing their flights and would be Silver or above when they get them. In the meantime they are denied their lounge access,Priority boarding etc...
Wow. Just wow.

Missing Avios will also keep redemptions down and the EI balance sheet looking a little healthier.

Dambus is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread