Complimentary Upgrade - Platinum

Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Complimentary Upgrade - Platinum

Was just wondering what the 'complimentary upgrade' means on the Platinum tier ? One upgrade on transatlantic ? upgrades every time ?

Wasn't there 4 upgrades in the old programme...?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
As far as I'm aware, Platinum gets 1 transatlantic upgrade per year on an economy booking, Concierge gets 4. Not sure of the process for actually getting them though, I would imagine they would clear in advance instead of just at the desk on check in?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Originally Posted by alancostello
[...] instead of just at the desk on check in?
Does this ever actually work?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
In Gold Circle you would ring up in advance of travel and ask.

There had to be an open redemption seat (or they would ask Revenue Management if it was possible to open a seat).

Waiting until the day of the flight is minimizing your chances of getting the upgrade.

I doubt it works differently in the new scheme.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Danash
Was just wondering what the 'complimentary upgrade' means on the Platinum tier ? One upgrade on transatlantic ? upgrades every time ?

Wasn't there 4 upgrades in the old programme...?
Platinum gets 1, Prestige previously got ZERO
Concierge gets 4, Elite perviously got 4

So its one of the few actual improvements

One way any biz class flights, as soon as you have made the booking you need to call in to request the upgrade. Once there is a proper support process for contacting Aer Club this should be straightforward
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:58 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
I've done it under Aer Club. Rang Aer Club Admin and they confirmed it straight away.

Once in the old days a flight I was traveling on was full up the front so they couldn't confirm it. On the day I asked at Checkin and was told to ask at the gate in case of a no show. Just before we boarded I got called and was handed 3A. I was Elite at the time.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum / Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mb48
Does this ever actually work?
It worked in GC assuming there was a seat available.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Renewal dates & upgrade vouchers

Since the launch of AC has anyone any experience of renewal of upgrade vouchers?

E.g. Does a Platinum with a renewal date of May 2018 have 1 upgrade to use between December 2016 and May 2018 or does the voucher get renewed in May 2017? i.e. One voucher to use between December 2016 and May 2017 and one to use between May 2017 and May 2018.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.