Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aerclub & Supervalu

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I see a new bonus points offer running from 26th May to 1st June. This time it's 100 bonus points per eshop transaction. So much less viable

Mentions exclusions, but the T&C are for the previous promo (500 points for 1st transaction). However, it appears brands that are excluded are mentioned in each brand's page, I see "Please Note: Any eShops Bonus points promotion are excluded", on the Ebay page for example.

Did anyone do an itunes transaction and have it tracked ? Not sure how that would track given clicking on the link launches the itunes app ?

Also, anyone got points confirmed from the 250 promo ? Mine are still showing as pending.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tangey
I see a new bonus points offer running from 26th May to 1st June. This time it's 100 bonus points per eshop transaction. So much less viable

Mentions exclusions, but the T&C are for the previous promo (500 points for 1st transaction). However, it appears brands that are excluded are mentioned in each brand's page, I see "Please Note: Any eShops Bonus points promotion are excluded", on the Ebay page for example.

Did anyone do an itunes transaction and have it tracked ? Not sure how that would track given clicking on the link launches the itunes app ?

Also, anyone got points confirmed from the 250 promo ? Mine are still showing as pending.
The usual suspects for < €1 purchases of AliExpress and GearBest are showing as excluded.

DHGate isn't showing as excluded but the purchase I made with DHGate during the last promotion didn't track so I'll be avoiding them this time round.

Plenty of opportunity for €0.49c purchases still available though if you search hard enough. For at least one store I tried you need to make sure you change the country to Ireland after each click through! When you click through the link it sometimes defaults to the UK site and if you buy through the UK site your purchase won't track!

Regarding confirmed status, my points from last time are still showing 'Pending'. Based on rabjoshu's comment, I would expect to have to wait some time longer for confirmed status...

Last edited by mickeyjaw; May 26, 2017 at 9:05 am
Old May 27, 2017, 12:51 am

Kobo ebooks is excluded this time so no opportunity there. Those transactions are still showing as pending for me.

Any 0.49c transaction is still good value but struggling to find any
Old May 31, 2017, 12:50 am

Anyone find anything. Cheapest I could get was $1 on DHGate which isn't great value
Old May 31, 2017, 4:43 am

Maybe try iTunes? Don't use it myself so can't comment.

I'd be wary of DHGate - my trial purchase didn't track.
Old May 31, 2017, 5:43 am

Ive done quite a bit of shopping online of things I needed to buy anyway and so far things seem to be posting in dribs and drabs but hard to keep track of what is what.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:19 am

The current 100 points per transaction offer, was extended, and now expires on the 8th of June.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:59 am

The list of excluded partners from bonus promos is ever increasing. itunes is now on that list.

Given this is a Supervalu promo it seems completely weird that alll Supervalu products (insurance, getaway breaks etc) are excluded from the promos.

And the purchases I made during the April 250 points promo still haven't moved to confirmed. Given these were ebooks that are instant delivery and not something that can easily be returned, the delay seems manufactured.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by tangey
The list of excluded partners from bonus promos is ever increasing. itunes is now on that list.

Given this is a Supervalu promo it seems completely weird that alll Supervalu products (insurance, getaway breaks etc) are excluded from the promos.

And the purchases I made during the April 250 points promo still haven't moved to confirmed. Given these were ebooks that are instant delivery and not something that can easily be returned, the delay seems manufactured.
Yeah still waiting for mine to change from pending to confirmed. They might have got hit on the number of ebooks purchased.

Even if they are buying at 0.5p the value of the avios points is more than the ebook.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:32 am

Yeah ditto, everything still pending since April...
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:27 am

Have anyone's converted from pending yet?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Tom_IE
Have anyone's converted from pending yet?
Mine still haven't
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: Gold Circle
I am now working on the assumption that they have to credit the points simply before their next voucher mailing.

Whatever about us waiting for points to transfer to Avios they will have 'normal' customers who expect points which they can use for Reward vouchers and discount on shopping.

Supervalu will have a lot of complaints is they pass the mailing date without crediting the points.

So the question is - when is the next mailing as that should be our target expectation.

It seems this offer was an almighty foul up by SV though!!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:18 am

I spoke with SV recently and they said there is a known problem with Kobo transactions and they are working to resolve it. I didn't ask about other merchants.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by highflyer66
I am now working on the assumption that they have to credit the points simply before their next voucher mailing.
I'm new to this. Are all points balances automatically converted to vouchers? Or is there an opt-out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.