Aerclub & Supervalu

Old Feb 1, 21, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Originally Posted by highflyer66 View Post
Hi, logged in today to move some points earned over weekend on my wife's SV card to my account and the option is no longer there - is this a temporary glitch or has anyone else noticed the same issue.

Last time I moved points was only last week so if they have changed it, its new and they didn't give any warning - the ability to move points between cards was a great feature of SV account.
Same issue here. Supervalu.ie suggests option "should" still be available. Fingers crossed it's just a glitch.
Old Mar 2, 21, 2:33 am

Programs: Gold Circle
Originally Posted by MM00LL2 View Post
Same issue here. Supervalu.ie suggests option "should" still be available. Fingers crossed it's just a glitch.
Necessary to email customer services and they will do it for you but, no longer available via website for customers to make the transfer.

I would guess the next step will be the complete removal of the ability to transfer points between accounts.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 21, 5:35 am

Supervalu/Avios have 25% bonus (hopefully it'll be bonus, bonus like old days) until 5th January - applies to points and vouchers - best its been for a while if, like me you've been saving the vouchers for a 'better' rate.

Will post on whether I get an additional bonus in the next few days when they show on account.
Old Nov 30, 21, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
I got the old style bonus from a transfer yesterday 😃
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Nov 30, 21, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by thomas6 View Post
Based on the vouchers I transferred yesterday got only the promised 25% - maybe I should be patient and the rest will arrive...
Old Dec 1, 21, 8:02 am

I transferred some points. No glitch (I didn't expect one for points). I didn't try a voucher.
Old Dec 2, 21, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by thomas6 View Post
My mistake, no glitch. I got it mixed up with another transfer that happened to be identical to the bonus bonus. Appears they have their systems working correctly (unfortunately).
Old Dec 3, 21, 3:56 pm

Has anyone received their email invite to entry the draw? Nought here

Our new €50,000 giveaway with VISA is here!

We’ve got an incredible new €50,000 giveaway with Visa. 500 lucky customers will win a €100 SuperValu e-gift card.

How do I enter?
  1. Simply scan your Real Rewards card or app and pay with Visa 4 times between 1st Nov – 1st Dec 2021.
  2. Shortly after the 1st of December, you will receive an email inviting you to enter the prize draw.
  3. Once you have entered the prize draw, you will then have the chance to win one of 500 X €100 SuperValu e-gift cards.
Old Apr 4, 22, 10:12 am

The end is nigh....partnership terminates on 19th May 2022

Important Update We’re sharing AerClub programme information with you today about the end of the loyalty partnership with SuperValu Real Rewards.
From May 19th 2022, AerClub members will no longer be able to convert Real Rewards points into Avios. However, any Real Rewards points you convert to Avios before May 19th will remain available to use on Aer Lingus flights whenever suits you.

Some good news though:
50% bonus on Real Reward conversions to Avios until 5th May

Last edited by MM00LL2; Apr 4, 22 at 10:36 am
Old Apr 4, 22, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Important Update We’re sharing AerClub programme information with you today about the end of the loyalty partnership with SuperValu Real Rewards.
From May 19th 2022, AerClub members will no longer be able to convert Real Rewards points into Avios. However, any Real Rewards points you convert to Avios before May 19th will remain available to use on Aer Lingus flights whenever suits you.

Some good news though:
I'll be making a calendar note to do one last conversion right before the death!

What a shame. I wonder if there'll be something to replace it.
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Apr 4, 22, 2:37 pm

Some good news though:
Would be great if the switched to Dunnes or Tesco. I have currently got around 45K via Sainsburys but thats only of use if you are in
NI or border areas .
Old Apr 4, 22, 4:10 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Guessing Tesco given the avios link in the UK
Old Apr 5, 22, 2:05 am

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
Guessing Tesco given the avios link in the UK
That's dead now. Sainsbury's took over and from what I glanced it can be a very lucrative partnership for gaining value in avios (by converting them to Sainsbury points - Nectar points).

Supervalu partnership ceased to be of good value once the better bonus transfer options (hidden or not) dried up. Handy if in a pinch for some avios I guess.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Apr 5, 22, 4:10 am

SuperValu really gave poor returns, particularly as the Aer Club eStore has some fairly hefty “temporary” bonuses for other (Admittedly non-food) retailers.
Old Apr 5, 22, 4:53 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Ah supervalu, I had 3 accounts registered to my house, and I don't even live in ROI

The crappy IT and poorly thought out promos were gamed easily enough and worked favourably for an avios collector.

They had many 250/500 bonus points per purchase in the early days on their estore. They had a whole host of estore partners that I've never seen elsewhere, including really random never heard of before asian stores. These provided many opportunities to create purchases for next to nothing, such as 3p digital downloads on a foreign ebay-esk website called bonanza, or 30c for some random coins on a site called joybuy, or buy an ebook for 99p etc, getting the bonus each time. Indeed I found that simply signing up for fiverr without making a purchase triggered the bonus. I ended up with 'a few' fiverr accounts.

They did eventually learn, and excluded some vendors from bonuses, and limited most others to 6 or so transactions.

However with the above and dialing in early x2 and x3 transfer bonuses, and recurring 50% transfer bonuses which turned out to be 125% bonuses, over the 3 years or so when the going was good, I managed to get around 250K avios for about Ł100 cash outlay.

And as they allowed you to combine points from multiple supervalu accounts into one account, you could effectively transfer earnings from multiple accounts to one avios account.

So long supervalu, I'll remember you fondly.

Last edited by tangey; Apr 5, 22 at 5:10 am

Search this Thread