Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Introducing AERCLUB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Dardania
You do that function in avois.com. Seems pretty starightforward - you login to the AerClub account on avois.com, then there is a combine points from BAEC possiblity.
Avios.com doesn't seem to know about my BAEC account. It only shows that I'm a member of AerClub.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: SPG:Gold, IHG: Spire AMB, Marriott: Gold, HH: Diamond, EI: Concierge
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Why bother launching a new programme when you are (still) not ready?
I guess they've been waiting until they are "ready" for too long

Dubal
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Apparently there is some software licence/support issue on the legacy GC system so it needs to go

The updated website seems to fix a lot of bugs I have reported.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Then that's a deadline they knew about and decided to set for themselves.

Those of you who were relying on flights logged to Gold Circle to carry over into Aer Club had better hope that they successfully capture all the necessary data from the old Gold Circle system before their contract with the vendor/supplier/host locks them out!!!

It doesn't forgive them for what seems to be a rather shambolic start to a new programme - all the more remarkable given that the basic "structure" of the new programme was already in existence [Avios]. It's been over a year since they announced Aer Club, and they were discussing changing the programme for many months before that.

It doesn't give me confidence that they will be able to overcome the integration and technological challenges of re-integrating Aer Lingus into oneworld within a reasonable time frame (usually given as 18-24 months from formal invitation to join the alliance).

I'm not aware of anything approaching the current level of "issues" when either BA or IB switched over to using Avios (granted, though, that was less of achange for them as most of the rest of the programme stayed the same - or, at least, it didn't involve changing to a new programme/scheme - but the template for a fully-functioning Avios programme is available, and adding the few tweaks that Aer Lingus seem to have deciced they need, doesn't seem so complex as to result in this many-times delayed, and ultimately "soft launch" with no clarity as to when the fully functioning programme might arrive.

The normally excellent Aer Lingus twitter team are not up to speed on any of the issues either. Twice I've tried to determine why they don't have rates that correspond to the "Reward Flight Saver" scheme used by both BA and IB. I sent a screenshot showing that, for the same (BA, as it is not yet possible to make EI redemptions from within BAEC) flight, the Avios price was the same but Aer Club wanted something like €55 whereas BAEC only required €21.

The two responses I received indicate that the issue was not correctly grasped. The second response said that they would be introducing a "part Avios, part cash" scheme in the near future - but that is already implemented.

I'm generally an EI fan, fanboy, defender - but they have really made this changeover into a right dog's dinner.

I am hoping that by "early 2017" that Aer Club functions properly, and consistently with how the other airlines use the same basic programme [all the Avios programmes are, at heart, quite similar]. If not - you would be a fool to keep your Avios within Aer Lingus, it makes more sense to move them out of the programme and across to BA (or IB) where spending rates and opportunities appear markedly better [though, of course, it is at present not yet possible to book EI directly from either of these other programmes - that should change, though. And given the prices required for Aer Club redemptions, it seems like a complete waste of Avios and cash when you seemingly save only €5-10 per flight in comparison with the cheapest Avios-and-Tier-Credit-earning ticket]

I still didn't get a reply to the conditions attached to the tickets booked within Aer Club, regarding baggage allowance.

And it *might* be that Aer Club actually does have an equivalent RFS scheme - in the BA (and presumably IB) programmes, you have to have earned at least one Avios in the previous 12 months in order to get acess to these reduced rates. I don't have any earned Avios in my Aer Club account - so I would love to hear from those of you who are seeing "actual" mileage accrual activity in your programmes, as to whether this has an effect on the cash element you are required to pay when making a (dummy) Avios booking.

Last edited by irishguy28; Dec 2, 2016 at 6:27 am
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD AERCLUB PLATINUM
Originally Posted by gusg
Avios.com doesn't seem to know about my BAEC account. It only shows that I'm a member of AerClub.
you need to add it in to your profile

use "combine my Avios" in "my account"

Last edited by toxfix; Dec 2, 2016 at 7:05 am
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
T
Those of you who were relying on flights logged to Gold Circle to carry over into Aer Club had better hope that they successfully capture all the necessary data from the old Gold Circle system before their contract with the vendor/supplier/host locks them out!!!
i have never had GC automatically add points for the return leg of any trip in the last 4 years. i have had the EI loyalty team add in my missing points every 6 months or so by emailing them a simple excel sheet.

magically though, in the last 2 months this has started happening as it should - perhaps not related but perhaps it is......
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by toxfix
you need to add it in to your profile

use "combine my Avios" in "my account"
Thanks. I was able to transfer 1 Avios from BAEC to my Avios account as a test. My Avios account still doesn't show that I'm a member of BAEC but I guess that's not really important as long as I can move Avios between BAEC and AerClub.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Thanks. I was able to transfer 1 Avios from BAEC to my Avios account as a test. My Avios account still doesn't show that I'm a member of BAEC but I guess that's not really important as long as I can move Avios between BAEC and AerClub.
I would venture that it's better that it doesn't. Your "Avios account" is effectively your Aer Club account. If you integrate all these accounts to such an extent, there could be future issues regarding which of the various options (Aer Club vs BA EC) any Avios and Tier Miles/Credits get posted to.

When I activated my AerClub account yesterday, I was surprised to see that 3 outstanding bookings on Aer Lingus, for which my BA Executive Club number only were given, were automatically showing up in my Aer Club account - presumably on the basis of havign the same email address in the booking, as at that time Avios/Aer Club knew nothing about my BAEC number or even if/whether I was a member of BAEC. It immediately made me worry that miles may post to the wrong frequent flyer programme.

(I also transferred 1 Avio from BAEC to Aer Club to see if it might reduce the outlandish cash amounts required for Aer Club redemptions.

It didn't).
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I would venture that it's better that it doesn't. Your "Avios account" is effectively your Aer Club account.
agree. After i initiated my AerClub account i then created my account on Avios.com. I chose a different password on Avios.com as i give my PA my Aer Lingus login details. It turned out that Avios.com and Aer Club/AerLingus.com have the same login directory so using a new password on Avios.com changed the password on AerLingus.com.

no big deal but don't see the need really - surely they could connect at the back end without that
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
I have 40k avios appear in my account as AERCLUB BALANCE DEC 2016

On the upside GC points expired at 3 years (I was about to lose 1500) from the transaction it looks like I get them all for life as long as I remain active in the program

Last edited by ROKNA; Dec 2, 2016 at 9:57 am
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
I know it is still early days yet but is anyone who was previously a member of GC any better off with AC?

Poor redemption value/ high charges
Low earning rates.
No upgrade options.
Reduced lounge access for Silvers compared to GC Gold
Currently no spend options outside of flights
Poor website functionality

The only advantage I can see at this stage is the ability to move the avios to a much better FPP (BAEC or IB)

For new or applicant members I can certainly see some benefits in that you can get some value where previously you could get none. So is this a FPP that will be great to attract new people but is a step back for many of the existing members
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Although BA offer RFS, Iberia do not, so I dont think its a given that EI will offer RFS availability. flyBe dont offer RFS either.

Earning isn't going to be great on European flights either, as taxes, charges and ancillaries are excluded from earning. Anything less than ~€50 will earn 0 Avios.

Last edited by BrianDromey; Dec 2, 2016 at 10:56 am
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: Aer Club Concierge, Emirates Gold
I still haven't been able to logon, will be Monday before someone can assist further.

Just spoken to the lovely lady in LHR lounge (she is fantastic, a real asset) and she tells me they'll accept the old GC cards until end of Dec

(hello to anyone in LHR lounge BTW)
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum / Marriott Bonvoy Gold
The most impressive thing so far has been the little box that my new cards came in today!

My Avios have appeared this evening as well. Looks like it came over with the 2:1 conversion. I don't exactly remember my balance but it seems right.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:17 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
It's a pity the roll out has been a bit of a mess. Card arrived today in its nice little snazzy box....but it's a pity they could'nt get the colour of the card right. Have been verbally told it will get sorted when the club is up and running but I find that position a poor reflection on what EI is trying to be. About 25 odd years ago I worked in EI pax handling in London and EI ran a quality improvement process where the buzz line was "get it right first time, every time". It's a pity this corporate motto was not put into practice in this instance, particularly when it's dealing with its frequent flyers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.