Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Introducing AERCLUB

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Everything else so far is clone of BAEC, and as they haven't yet announced the tiers or how its going to work I imagine the number of flights thing would be something that will be announced in due course.

Iberia's FF Scheme also has the equivalent 25/50 sectors rule, so I can't see IAG diverging that much on EI's version.

The EI girls I was chatting to in the DUB lounge told me that the number of flights route was covered in the Aer Club training course they had just completed, but they couldn't remember what the thresholds were.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: AerClub Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, Hhonors Silver, IHG Spire Elite, Hotels.com Gold, BA blue
So someone mentioned that the conversion rate for GC to Avois points is poor.
Is it worth dumping your GC points before the conversion on BT vouchers or whatnot?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
They closed all non flight point spend options a while back, so the only options available are a 2:1 avios point conversion or reward flight based on the current much more generous criteria (than Avios flights will be).
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:52 am

Was GC Gold, now Green. Really annoyed as I'd 2100 GC points earned in the 12 months to Nov 10 and will be at 2400 again next week. My rolling 12 month balance is usually between 2000 and 2500.

Email says 0 Tier Credits which is doubly annoying- having to accrue 25 sectors from now to get to Silver when I was so close to it on the 'transfer date' is a real PITA.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Gold Circle card until Jul 17

So I am Aerclub Green and lose everything - but my GC card says valid until Jul 17 - is there any contractual piece I can play up here or can they unilaterally take away the benefits on this 'relaunch' ?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
T&C's

9.2 certainly has been complied with, 1.5 is just the usual legal cover all.

Aer Lingus reserves the right, without giving reason at its sole discretion, to rescind or refuse membership of the Gold Circle Club.

Aer Lingus reserves the right to terminate the Gold Circle Programme at any time but will use its reasonable endeavours to give at least six months' notice to Members. Notice of termination will be provided in the Gold Circle section of the Aer Lingus website.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum / Marriott Bonvoy Gold
This was posted by a user on boards .ie today ...

I've spoken to Gold Circle today,

they are currently migrating people to various Aer Club tiers based on spend/flights from January this year up to now.

Then, on November 29th, they'll look at the bigger picture and look to migrate more people over on a case by case basis: spend/flights over a 12 month period, as well as length of membership of Gold Circle etc...

so, for those of us migrated to green, it's not all doom & gloom just yet, if you've still spent a good bit in the last 12 months or so, and have been in the gold circle for a few years, they'll most likely move you to silver.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by RMDrive

they are currently migrating people to various Aer Club tiers based on spend/flights from January this year up to now.

Then, on November 29th, they'll look at the bigger picture and look to migrate more people over on a case by case basis: spend/flights over a 12 month period, as well as length of membership of Gold Circle etc...

so, for those of us migrated to green, it's not all doom & gloom just yet, if you've still spent a good bit in the last 12 months or so, and have been in the gold circle for a few years, they'll most likely move you to silver.
Exactly this! There will be concessions made for people who are close enough I am imagine. There fully aware of the fact that the have disenfranchised a lot of there member base and I fully expect they will make efforts to tier people up who especially take flight between last Monday and Nov 29th.

The Tier Credits will be given when you can access your profile I would imagine as it very unlikely that a person who has flown multiple flights and is placed in Green to get no credits!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Switch over day?

Maybe I have missed it but when is the switchover day from earning GC points to Tier Credits/Avios? Nov 29th?

- Dambus
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:00 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Originally Posted by RMDrive

I have just phoned EI GC to add some points onto my account which were not allocated and the gentleman I spoke to told me that the Aer Club assessment period ran from 18 Oct 2015 to 17 Oct 2016. He checked my balance and confirmed that I should have been allocated to Concierge but that he cannot make any amendments to the system re status until the Aer Club system goes live. He told me to contact GC once Aer Club is up and running and my status will be manually adjusted. Just to note that from 1 Oct 2015 to 17 Oct 2015 I earned 2300 points (1 premier transatlantic and 1 European flight) and these are excluded given the arbitrary date of 18 Oct 2015 being used. The last thing he said that the cut off for Concierge was 8000 points earned in the period.

Last edited by trustno1; Nov 16, 2016 at 5:19 am
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by trustno1
I have just phoned EI GC to add some points onto my account which were not allocated and the gentleman I spoke to told me that the Aer Club assessment period ran from 18 Oct 2015 to 17 Oct 2016. He checked my balance and confirmed that I should have been allocated to Concierge but that he cannot make any amendments to the system re status until the Aer Club system goes live. He told me to contact GC once Aer Club is up and running and my status will be manually adjusted. Just to note that from 1 Oct 2015 to 17 Oct 2015 I earned 2300 points (1 premier transatlantic and 1 European flight) and these are excluded given the arbitrary date of 18 Oct 2015 being used. The last thing he said that the cut off for Concierge was 8000 points earned in the period.
I emailed them today to request a review to get back to Silver....just checked my statements based on the dates mentioned above - looks like they didn't take into account the US J points here - 3350 for the 12 month period in question - but allocated Green ?

Statement Period - 29/10/2015 to 18/11/15
Date Item Description Points Balance
14/08/2015 Flight EI 585 DUB AGP R 150 6,216
06/10/2015 Flight EI 137 DUB BOS D 1,200 7,416
14/10/2015 Flight EI 527 CDG DUB R 150 7,566
04/11/2015 Flight EI 3322 DUB MAN F 100 7,666
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Danash
I emailed them today to request a review to get back to Silver....just checked my statements based on the dates mentioned above - looks like they didn't take into account the US J points here - 3350 for the 12 month period in question - but allocated Green ?

Statement Period - 29/10/2015 to 18/11/15
Date Item Description Points Balance
14/08/2015 Flight EI 585 DUB AGP R 150 6,216
06/10/2015 Flight EI 137 DUB BOS D 1,200 7,416
14/10/2015 Flight EI 527 CDG DUB R 150 7,566
04/11/2015 Flight EI 3322 DUB MAN F 100 7,666
Those are all more than 12 months ago. They always said that the Aer Club status would be determined on the basis of flying done in the 12 months directly before launch.

According to the poster before you, they have used the 12 months starting 18 Oct 2015, so only your DUB-MAN flight would have counted out of those 4.

That's why I never understood why some posters here have said this led them to "ease up" on EI flying.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Those are all more than 12 months ago. They always said that the Aer Club status would be determined on the basis of flying done in the 12 months directly before launch.

According to the poster before you, they have used the 12 months starting 18 Oct 2015, so only your DUB-MAN flight would have counted out of those 4.

That's why I never understood why some posters here have said this led them to "ease up" on EI flying.
Had they launched on time in the summer I would have made it. I hope they will review and reconsider.

No fast track ! no priority boarding ! The horror.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Danash
Had they launched on time in the summer I would have made it. I hope they will review and reconsider.

No fast track ! no priority boarding ! The horror.
A BOI business mastercard for approx €120pa will get you Lounge access, fast track and priority boarding. As I have one of these and as we still don't know earn and burn rates on Aer Club I am still reluctant to push business to EI when I can use other carrier's where I know exactly the value of what I will get on the FFP.

I have still not received my email telling me my tier in Aer Club. I would be at about 1500 points for the year under the old scheme
Old Nov 17, 2016, 4:13 pm

A warning for silvers, I'm pretty sure that lounge access is not unlimited for the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.