Email Introducing AERCLUB

Old Dec 20, 16, 3:27 am
  #376  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sheffield, UK
Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Posts: 548
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Can you do me a HUGE favour, please? Or anyone else who has EARNED Avios from FLYING since Aer Club launched??

Can you log into Aer Club and see if you are now shown Reward Flight Saver options?

Thanks! I am hoping that Aer Club operates like BAEC, which requires at least one Avios earned by flying in the previous 12 months to "enable" the cheaper RFS rates.

thank you!
I cannot find any Reward Flight Saver options on Aer Lingus flights. Few random dates well in advance and few different routes.
parklife is offline  
Old Dec 20, 16, 8:24 am
  #377  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Posts: 23,785
Originally Posted by parklife View Post
I cannot find any Reward Flight Saver options on Aer Lingus flights. Few random dates well in advance and few different routes.
Thanks, but what fees do they charge for, say, a LHR-DUB?

I am wondering if you are now "marked" as being entitled to lower fees than for someone with no earned Avios in their account (which describes the majority of us still, I think!! At the moment, all short-haul flights are charged, for redemptions, at a cash amount that is only a few Euro/pounds less than the cheapest available revenue ticket, so it makes no sense to waste 4,000 Avios on such redemptions. Hence my eagerness to see if they are doing something logical and implementing RFS in the same manner as BA)

Ta!
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 16, 9:22 am
  #378  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sheffield, UK
Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Posts: 548
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Thanks, but what fees do they charge for, say, a LHR-DUB?

I am wondering if you are now "marked" as being entitled to lower fees than for someone with no earned Avios in their account (which describes the majority of us still, I think!! At the moment, all short-haul flights are charged, for redemptions, at a cash amount that is only a few Euro/pounds less than the cheapest available revenue ticket, so it makes no sense to waste 4,000 Avios on such redemptions. Hence my eagerness to see if they are doing something logical and implementing RFS in the same manner as BA)

Ta!
LHR to DUB return on a date in Sep 8,000 Avios and 53.90, one way 4,000 and 38.70.
parklife is offline  
Old Dec 20, 16, 1:37 pm
  #379  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Posts: 23,785
Thank you!
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 16, 3:15 pm
  #380  
ECR
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 195
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
I am hoping that Aer Club operates like BAEC, which requires at least one Avios earned by flying in the previous 12 months to "enable" the cheaper RFS rates.
Unfortunately I don't think there is any chance of Aer Lingus introducing RFS. The RFS box has been on Avios.com for a long time and always shows as 0 for non-BA flights for example Flybe where it has never been offered.

Another IAG airline, Iberia, used to offer RFS but that was axed a few years ago, so if anything the trend would be towards removing it on BA rather than introducing
it for EI.

I would of course be happy to be wrong though!
ECR is offline  
Old Dec 20, 16, 3:40 pm
  #381  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Programs: BAEC GOLD AERCLUB PLATINUM
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
And this, too, is not correct. (No-one in this thread suggested that Avios are what is required to advance in tiers)

In BA, an "economy only" flyer gets Bronze after 25 flights, and Silver after 50 flights (in a single year)

The number of flights needed for the "economy only" flyer are shown on the Aer Club website.
thats probably <5% of the aerclub members - just there to mop up the high mileage cheap ticket flyers. Overall the numbers at higher tiers will undoubtedly fall
toxfix is offline  
Old Dec 20, 16, 5:55 pm
  #382  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dublin/UK/SPAIN
Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Posts: 739
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
I've tried several times over the past 24 hours, from different computers and browsers, but when I try to check redemptions from AerClub/Avios, all I get is the "wait" screen - never any results.

has anyone else had a different experience???
Is anybody having issues logging in?

So I have reset password a few times and still I get "these login details are incorrect"

i was all set up on the app last week then it was updated and now I'm just frustrated and can see my account
HarryBA is offline  
Old Dec 21, 16, 1:56 am
  #383  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 91
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
Unfortunately I don't think there is any chance of Aer Lingus introducing RFS. The RFS box has been on Avios.com for a long time and always shows as 0 for non-BA flights for example Flybe where it has never been offered.

Another IAG airline, Iberia, used to offer RFS but that was axed a few years ago, so if anything the trend would be towards removing it on BA rather than introducing
it for EI.

I would of course be happy to be wrong though!
It will probably only be introduced for EI on DUB-LHR. They don't compete on much else really.
Drums is offline  
Old Dec 21, 16, 4:11 am
  #384  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: BHD
Programs: Aer Club Concierge, Emirates Gold
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by HarryBA View Post
Is anybody having issues logging in?

So I have reset password a few times and still I get "these login details are incorrect"

i was all set up on the app last week then it was updated and now I'm just frustrated and can see my account
I've never been able to logon, some gremlins it appears and still no closer to being fixed. Zero correspondence from AL
KudosNI is offline  
Old Dec 21, 16, 6:48 am
  #385  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,716
Originally Posted by KudosNI View Post
I've never been able to logon, some gremlins it appears and still no closer to being fixed. Zero correspondence from AL
I was able to log in and now cant get in at all for the last two weeks. Known issue but they are no closer to solving it according to their IT.
DELLAS is offline  
Old Dec 22, 16, 6:39 am
  #386  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Posts: 54
The first two of the flights I have taken since the launch, have posted with Avios & tier points.

It would be nice if you were able to get a breakdown of the tier points though, as otherwise you have no idea what has posted and what hasn't, especially as the Avios points seem to lag the tier points.

They were both cheap saver fares and they seem to have given me Avios relating to the total amount I paid, rather than just the fare element.

I thought I would have got 0 Avios, as the fare element was 0/€0 for both, with the amount I paid being made up of taxes & charges only.

On my most recent flight I got 95 Avios for a 24.99 fare, which utilising the 1.25 multiplier for Silver status means I was given Avios based on a 19 spend (x 4 x 1.25).
EIFREZY is offline  
Old Dec 22, 16, 7:14 am
  #387  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum
Posts: 38
There seems to be a time period from Oct 17th to Nov 21st where activity did not count towards your new AC tier, but where you will not get tier credits for it either.

I've been in touch with AC via the Aer Lingus twitter a/c (a very unsatisfactory way to communicate with them) and it has been confirmed that all my activity since I moved to Prestige (July 2016) is being wiped from the record. So someone who was Prestige in July 2016 and ceased flying for the rest of the year is being rewarded in same way as someone who flew 7 TATL flights return since then. It's strange logic to me but when I look at how the whole AC things has been rolled out ... I suppose it fits.

Ce la vie. I'd love to be able to say I'm taking my business elsewhere but the reality is that for services to ORD, there's very little option save routing through LHR. So I'll still be spending my money with Aer Lingus but I'll be doing it a lot more begrudgingly than I did in the past.
RMDrive is offline  
Old Dec 22, 16, 7:30 am
  #388  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: EIDW
Programs: EI Gold
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by RMDrive View Post
There seems to be a time period from Oct 17th to Nov 21st where activity did not count towards your new AC tier, but where you will not get tier credits for it either.
That's exactly the problem I'm still trying to fight with EI. I done the bulk of my flying this year within that exact time period (how typical), and would have equated to over 200 tier credits if they let them count towards AC.

I've had three phone conversations in the past five weeks with EI and had the following three responses:

1. "Oh your tier should be at least Silver. We'll have it sorted by mid-Dec."
2. "You'll definitely get tier credits for the flights in that period"
3. "Sorry, nothing we can do."

Really crappy performance.

I don't even know why I care so much as I have a BoI Gold Mastercard which gives better lounge access than AerClub Silver anyway. It's just the point of it really.
PierDave is offline  
Old Dec 22, 16, 2:59 pm
  #389  
soy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DUB-BOS
Programs: Rapidly decreasing - BA Silver, O6 *G, HH DIA, Mrr PLT, Assorted debris
Posts: 2,503
They totally botched the introduction of Aer Club. It was way late, zero transparency around rules and requirements, website issues and a poor conversion ratio.
Once again they have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. This could have been so much better - a wasted opportunity
soy is offline  
Old Dec 23, 16, 6:36 am
  #390  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tyrone,EU
Programs: Avios Hunter
Posts: 2,621
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post

Can you log into Aer Club and see if you are now shown Reward Flight Saver options?

Thanks! I am hoping that Aer Club operates like BAEC, which requires at least one Avios earned by flying in the previous 12 months to "enable" the cheaper RFS rates.
That's not entirely correct. For BAEC, you need to have earned a point in any way (transfers don't count) in the last 12 months, to be eligible. I've earned points from credit cards/tesco/TCB etc. I've flown several RFS BA flights, I've never earned a BAEC avois point by flying.
tangey is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread