Email Introducing AERCLUB

Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I would recommend you check the iTunes store/Google Play store and download the latest version of the app...sounds like you may not have the latest version.

If this is on your phone, wait till you are on WiFi as it should be much faster and cheaper to update the app than over the phone network.
As if by magic an app update appears and now it's user name and password!! I swear there wasn't one a few hours ago as I checked that!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:53 am

Got my email today
Was: Prestige
Now: silver (which is worse than the old GC green card)

Two big drawbacks are :
1) no more guest access to lounge (why on earth would you remove that)
2) no partner airline recognition

I wonder how otheres here feel?
I think it's a petty limitation on loyal customers who (when travelling with a partner) would use the lounge.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Yes! This mention of Reward Flight Savers is new and encouraging.

On BA, you have to have earned at least 1 Avios by flying in the previous 12 months to qualify for RFS.

Could somebody who has had Tier Credits applied to their account - meaning that their account has been marked as having earned Avios by flying in the previous 12 months - please do a dummy booking for DUB-LHR or AMS and post a screenshot of the resulting cash requirement or just tell us?
Not quite what you are asking, but if you have an avios account that has earned in the last 12 months (but not to do with EI) currently for DUB-LHR the BA flights are 'starred' for RFS, but the EI flights are not. You cannot mix and match these in a return, not that you would want to.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Trying to link my Avios and AerClub accounts I get the following message after entering the correct username/password "Loyalty join failed"

Quite frustrating as name/address/email address all match.

Anyone else get this?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by tangey
This registration thing is a complete confusing shambles.

I go to aerlingus.com I haven't a clue what my details are, so I used the forgotten username link. Get the email telling me the username. Use the forgotten password. Get the email to set up a new password. Set up a new password, attempt to log-in and I get:-

"These log-in details are incorrect"

Repeat the process, same result

What is going on.

Do we now have an aerlingus logonon, an aerlcub logon and an avios.com logon. Does accessing my existing GB avios.com account give me the same functionality and flights as accessing the IE avios.com

I have an email from mid nov telling me my Aerclub number. I can't find anywhere that lets me use that aerclub number to actually login, or work out a login/password from it.

What does that mean ? Do you use the avios details or the Aerclub details.

In case this was affecting someone else here is what resolved it for me.

The Aerclub login demands that the password fits certian rules. My avios.com password was created before these rules. Even attempting t oset a new password using the aerclub facility failed.
What i had to do was go to avios.com, change my password so as it matches the latest rules. I'm now able to log into Aerclub.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Trying to email AerClub with a query and now I note on the website it only gives their phone numer - does anyone have an email address for them?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If I was you, I would ring.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: EI Silver, AF Ivory, SPG Gold, HH, IHG Priority Club, Choice Privileges
Loyalty ignored

I am at the end of my tether with airline FF programmes and am wondering, why bother anymore. The only saving grace I had was my ability with Aer Lingus to avail of my status for lounge access, fast check in, priority boarding etc

The recent changes to the Aer Lingus programme have just about pushed me over the edge. I have been a FF with EI for 35 years now, From TAB, to Gold Circle and now AerClub. I have gone from the bottom to the top tier, stayed there for a number of years and am now "down" at Gold. My account is so old, that my online points balance is about 3,000 less than my statements say ( I believe this is common with those older accounts)

Gold gave me everything I wanted, but now with being moved to Silver, I cannot bring Mrs Flame into the lounges with me and other benefits are gone too

So far, I have not received any email or snailmail from Aer Lingus about the change to Aerclub. I called today and was told my account did not migrate over and to apply manually online for a new account number. I am loathe to do this as my missing points will most likely disappear and feel my years of loyalty will not be seen

Aer Lingus now flies to more airports in Europe with NO lounge access and I guess this will not improve.

At this stage, I have no idea how many avios will be awarded for any given flight, how to maintain any sort of status or progress.

Coupled with all the other airline FF programme changes introduced recently, is there any point any more of being loyal to any carrier ..... unless you are on expenses all the time when you travel, I guess not
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flame
So far, I have not received any email or snailmail from Aer Lingus about the change to Aerclub. I called today and was told my account did not migrate over and to apply manually online for a new account number. I am loathe to do this as my missing points will most likely disappear and feel my years of loyalty will not be seen
Presumably you had heard about the change, though, or seen it on the website. I would not have allowed things to go like this, and would have been pro-active, or at least enquired when passing through the lounge so often.

If you didn't get any notification about Aer Club prior to this, then it was a little naive to think that you would hear anything now or receive any new cards, etc.

Aer Lingus now flies to more airports in Europe with NO lounge access and I guess this will not improve.
It will definitely improve. When Aer Lingus rejoins oneworld, a whole new range of lounge options will be opened up (though not to Aer Club silvers).

At this stage, I have no idea how many avios will be awarded for any given flight, how to maintain any sort of status or progress.
It's a straightforward qualification model. See the Tiers & Benefits page which explains how many tier credits you earn on an Aer Lingus flight and how many tier credits are required for each level of the programme.

They also express the qualification targets in terms of the number of "Saver" (for shorthaul) or "Low" (for transatlantic) flights required for each level. (Though do watch out that the very cheapest fare classes, as noted in the tier credit table, only earn half the usual number of credits - so 7.5 for shorthaul, 25 for transatlantic. Where they show the number of flights required for each level, they also indicate that the double is required if always travelling in these cheapest economy classes).

Coupled with all the other airline FF programme changes introduced recently, is there any point any more of being loyal to any carrier ..... unless you are on expenses all the time when you travel, I guess not
Blind loyalty - i.e. going out of your way, or paying more than you need - is not, and never was, worthwhile.

Perhaps in the past you would always only consider booking Aer Lingus because of Gold Circle - but even then, that was probably not the best idea. If the change to Aer Club gives you pause for thought, then something good will have come of it - you are "woken up" to the fact that staying with one carrier may NOT be the best strategy.

When you break free from the shackles of your "loyalty", and consider the *best* option for each trip you need - whether that means cheapest, best flight times, quickest journey, closest airport/most direct route, etc - then that is good. The "blind" loyalty should be a thing of the past.

However, if it's likely that you are still going to end up flying at least occasionally on Aer Lingus, then it would be stupid not to collect Avios/tier credits for those flights.

When Aer Lingus rejoins oneworld, the programme should be better/make more sense (i.e. the current restriction on earning tier credits on Aer Lingus only, and the restriction to earning Avios on EI, BA and IB only, will be lifted).

And you can probably pick up a handy dose of Avios with some transactions you may have to make anyway, so why not take the Avios that are on offer?

Be wise. Play the game to your advantage. Just don't think that this means you have to fly Aer Lingus all the time.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:18 am

Couldn't agree more flame.
It's amazing that a business can neglect their core customers with such simple things like guest lounge access.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by mirsep
Couldn't agree more flame.
It's amazing that a business can neglect their core customers with such simple things like guest lounge access.
+1

For me the main thing about the programme was the fast track and priority boarding. This is going to make early morning flights in DUB a nightmare.

The lounge loss for me is more LHR as I usually walk straight through fast track to the gate in DUB. With 30 minutes extra in bed.

Am a lowly green with 60 tier credits so wont be fast track for a while.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
I posted this up thread but the BOI credit card below gives the same lounge access, priority security and priority boarding as platinum and concierge. Its also looks like this card will be avios earning in the future as per the Aerclub link below. I am a bit worried that this feature of the card maybe removed but I note that the old Gold Circle logo has been replaced by a generic EI logo on the newer cards and with these features referenced on both BOI and AC web pages it is presumably here to stay for a little while. Depending on the earning rate tis may be the sweet spot on AC for me.

BOI master card

AerClub MasterCard lounge access
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus - Gold Circle - Elite
Attached Images  
Old Dec 7, 2016, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've tried several times over the past 24 hours, from different computers and browsers, but when I try to check redemptions from AerClub/Avios, all I get is the "wait" screen - never any results.

has anyone else had a different experience???
Attached Images  
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
non GC invite

i just got my invite to join AerClub ... and was asked if i already had an Avios.com account (which I do) ... and discovered that AerClub is just another "front end" to Avios.com !

when i login to AerClub - it shows me my existing Avios.com points balance and recent transactions.

feels a bit weird !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.