Email Introducing AERCLUB

Old Dec 1, 16, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by Drums View Post
Can you put up a comparision screenshot of this RFS?

17.50 GBP compared to 109 GBP is crazy!!
Here you go:
Attached Images  
Old Dec 1, 16, 10:48 am

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by Dambus View Post
I assume this will only apply to AerClub Green and will be back to last GC renewal date?
How about those who were within a hair's breadth of Platinum/Concierge. Surely they are not going to wipe all that and reset their tier points?

[As you may be able to tell, this is a point very near to my heart ]
Old Dec 1, 16, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The status awarded should reflect your GC points in the October to October period. It doesn't relate in any way to your "normal" Gold Circle period [unless you happened, by chance, to have an October anniversary]. If you are Green but think you should have a higher status, you should contact them.

Your Aer Club profile shows you what date your tier is valid since. You should only see Tier Credits earned after that date.

I asked above if anyone had a date other than 21 November but no-one has bothered to answer.

Can you tell me what is your date?
Old Dec 1, 16, 11:21 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Mine is 21st November also.

There is talk from numerous sources of Aer Lingus giving Green level candidates a credit in tier points for the GC points earned in the qualifying period (No Avios conversion will be given), but surely this is unfair to everyone else in Silver & Platinum who would be reset to zero?
Old Dec 1, 16, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But do we know that ALL members won't receive this credit?

Otherwise - and if everyone has an "anniversary date" of November 21, then everyone gets an (almost) full year to requalify and no retro pro-rated Tier Credits needed. And this would make more sense.
Old Dec 1, 16, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
The status awarded should reflect your GC points in the October to October period. It doesn't relate in any way to your "normal" Gold Circle period [unless you happened, by chance, to have an October anniversary]. If you are Green but think you should have a higher status, you should contact them.

Your Aer Club profile shows you what date your tier is valid since. You should only see Tier Credits earned after that date.

I asked above if anyone had a date other than 21 November but no-one has bothered to answer.

Can you tell me what is your date?

My date is Nov 21st also. I suspect everyone's is?

In GC I would be making Elite in Dec/Jan, now it looks like that will be wiped out which is very frustrating. I've made 12 TA trips since April this year and have another one next week. That frequency is going to continue in 2017 and if this means I won't make Concierge until 14 trips from now I'll be well annoyed.
Old Dec 1, 16, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone find any other date (anniversary date, target date) in their account?

I can't - so I really do think that this is everyone*'s "anniversary date" which forms the basis of the membership year.

Does anyone have anything in their account that shows otherwise? Tier Credits from flights in the past weeks/months? Some indication of a date that they recognise from the old GC days, or a date other than November 21st?

*[Everyone who was "ported" from GC. Genuine new joiners will obviously have new dates corresponding to the day they signed up...and as today was the first day to do this, that would be 1 December and onwards]
Old Dec 1, 16, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD AERCLUB PLATINUM
Originally Posted by RMDrive View Post
My date is Nov 21st also. I suspect everyone's is?

In GC I would be making Elite in Dec/Jan, now it looks like that will be wiped out which is very frustrating. I've made 12 TA trips since April this year and have another one next week. That frequency is going to continue in 2017 and if this means I won't make Concierge until 14 trips from now I'll be well annoyed.
My AerClub Details
Platinum Tier Start Date
22 Nov 2016
Platinum Tier Expiry Date
31 Dec 2017
Membership Card Expiry Date
31 Dec 2017
Old Dec 1, 16, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by toxfix View Post
My AerClub Details
Platinum Tier Start Date
22 Nov 2016
31 Dec 2017
31 Dec 2017
Platinum Tier Start Date
21 Nov 2016
31 Jul 2018
31 Jul 2018
Old Dec 1, 16, 2:38 pm

My expiry date is Sept 2018, which matches my old GC expiry plus an extra 12 months.

Does that tally with anyone else's experience?
Old Dec 1, 16, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by EIFREZY View Post
My expiry date is Sept 2018, which matches my old GC expiry plus an extra 12 months.

Does that tally with anyone else's experience?
Yeah, same for me. July 2016 plus 2 years.
Old Dec 1, 16, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
Aer Lingus have handled the transition really badly, badly timed communication which was vague and unhelpful

Reality is GC was a mess, there was not difference between Gold, Prestige and Elite really unless you flew TA (and lets face it if you are Elite you are in J so makes little difference). Points rarely credited automatically and unless you knew the inside information about how things worked in Dublin seat allocation wasn't part of the deal either.

It was revenue based, you got zero for anything in the bottom 5 fare buckets, you could get 0 points on a 70 euro ticket, 150 on 75 euro and 150 on 500 euro on EU flights. So not exactly a good way of doing business.

So what we have
Status on Nov 29 is based on 12 months travel mid Oct 15 to mid Oct 16
On 29 Nov you get your status based on that 12 months which will be valid until your normal GC expiry date
You get tier points for the X months in the past (so you get the last 6 months if you have 6 left, 4 if 8 etc)

So tomorrow if you log in and see year to date of 301 or 601 then you are sorted at your current level and should renew for 12 more months beyond your existing GC date

Here's an old post that mentioned that they will credit you with a tier reward based on your activity since your renewal date. That would be great if true as I'd have about 200 already, which would be a good deal closer to 601 than starting from 0!

They surely must have to do something like this for those that qualified for Silver or Platinum, otherwise they'd be at a disadvantage against say an applicant who qualifies for Green (just missing out on Silver) and is given say 280 points (EI confirmed on Twitter today that applicants will be given a pro-rata tier award based on their activity in the 12 months up to launch).

Otherwise the guy in Green would be in much better place for obtaining Platinum that someone who qualified directly for Silver and starting from 0 again.
Old Dec 1, 16, 3:06 pm
ECR

I can't get it to work at all. When I log in it gives me a message "Welcome ECR
Complete your AerClub registration to see your full membership details."

It then directs me to link my Avios account, but every time I try to link it gives me the message "Loyalty Join Failed". I've even tried changing my avios.com email address and password to match my aerlingus ones but it hasn't made any difference.

Does anyone by any chance know an email address to contact AerClub as contact us just seems to provide a phone number?
Old Dec 1, 16, 3:23 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
This registration thing is a complete confusing shambles.

I go to aerlingus.com I haven't a clue what my details are, so I used the forgotten username link. Get the email telling me the username. Use the forgotten password. Get the email to set up a new password. Set up a new password, attempt to log-in and I get:-

"These log-in details are incorrect"

Repeat the process, same result

What is going on.

Do we now have an aerlingus logonon, an aerlcub logon and an avios.com logon. Does accessing my existing GB avios.com account give me the same functionality and flights as accessing the IE avios.com

I have an email from mid nov telling me my Aerclub number. I can't find anywhere that lets me use that aerclub number to actually login, or work out a login/password from it.

If you recently linked your existing Avios account with AerClub, log in using these details
What does that mean ? Do you use the avios details or the Aerclub details.
Old Dec 1, 16, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for clarifying regarding the dates.

Us Greens have no dates shown, which makes it impossible to determine which date Aer Club uses to determine when your year ends.

Or maybe Greens get a rolling 12 month window to qualify!

Search this Thread