Email Introducing AERCLUB

Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Essential Maintenance

This site is currently unavailable while essential maintenance is being carried out.
We hope this does not cause undue inconvenience. Please try again later.
Looks like tomorrow morning may ring in something new...
Old Nov 30, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
AerClub is live

AerClub is born!

The good:
+ Status seems to be good through all of next year so no messing with another status review
+ Economy awards appear to be relatively good value, e.g. 33,000 Avios return to US West Coast (Off peak)
+ Tier qualification appears roughly in line with GC requirements with addition of decent minimum credit for low fares

The bad:

- A return off peak Business class award to ORD is now 4x more expensive than previously - 100,000 Avios (off peak) vs 12,000 GC points
Zone based reward chart
- No mention of upgrade awards anywhere I can see

The uncertain:
? "Taxes, fees and carrier charges" remain to be seen (hopefully not going the BA YQ path)
? Old GC points balance seems to have not yet been carried over to Avios
? Still a few "Lorem ipsum"s visible. They obviously didn't use the launch delay for site UAT...

Last edited by Dambus; Nov 30, 2016 at 11:21 pm
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:44 am

Looks very smart. And the 12 months additional system is well appreciated (in my personal situation - living outside Ireland for now)
I will admit I had a small hope that the delay was to announce OW membership at same time - oh well!

Seems they are still using a different system to claim back missing flights: http://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/index.aspx

Edit: Looks like the aerclub membership ID is the native avios.com membership number also. Possibly a simpler setup than with BAEC (where there are two separate accounts both containing avios?). Also, the possibility of combing the avios is nice

Last edited by Dardania; Dec 1, 2016 at 12:51 am
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:01 am

Programs: Aerclub
Cant' log in to Aerclub, getting a message "Response necessary data 10012" whatever that means !
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by mumha abu
Cant' log in to Aerclub, getting a message "Response necessary data 10012" whatever that means !
I had that too - found I had to delete cookies etc.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: Aerclub
Originally Posted by Dardania
I had that too - found I had to delete cookies etc.
That worked, Thanks !
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I see a few more cons

Tier Credits can only be earned on Aer Lingus.

It's been an IAG airline for over a year already. Still no integration with BA and IB? I really had been hoping that the launch of AerClub would herald the start of reciprocal tier credit earning on both airlines.

There really is no need for them to wait for Aer Lingus to rejoin oneworld before they allow such cross-earning to happen. BA and QR started allowing such earning in advance of QR's entry into oneworld.

No "number of sectors flown" short-cut for advancement in status

Destpite being said upthread, there is no short-cut to status by number of sectors flown. Although they do express advancement in terms of "number of flights" (either transatlantic or European), this equates to the number of such flights required to obtain the standard number of tier credits when flying at the very lowest rates.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The previous screenshot shows that you have 365 days "from your anniversary" in order to qualify.

It doesn't show my "anniversary date" anywhere on the account - can anyone find this? - just the "Tier Start Date" of a few days ago, which I know is definitely not the anniversary of my joining (June 1st - still have the Gold Circle welcome email in my Gmail).

Does anyone have a different tier start date than the one shown below?

i.e. do all GC converts have the same "anniversary" of this random November date?
Attached Images  
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I see a few more cons

Tier Credits can only be earned on Aer Lingus.

It's been an IAG airline for over a year already. Still no integration with BA and IB? I really had been hoping that the launch of AerClub would herald the start of reciprocal tier credit earning on both airlines.

There really is no need for them to wait for Aer Lingus to rejoin oneworld before they allow such cross-earning to happen. BA and QR started allowing such earning in advance of QR's entry into oneworld.

No "number of sectors flown" short-cut for advancement in status

Destpite being said upthread, there is no short-cut to status by number of sectors flown. Although they do express advancement in terms of "number of flights" (either transatlantic or European), this equates to the number of such flights required to obtain the standard number of tier credits when flying at the very lowest rates.
The tier credits on partner airlines issue...could it possibly be alleviated by flying on EI flight numbers? I used do that to LCY from DUB last year (even though flying on BA cityflyer)
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dardania
The tier credits on partner airlines issue...could it possibly be alleviated by flying on EI flight numbers? I used do that to LCY from DUB last year (even though flying on BA cityflyer)
My point is, though, that it shouldn't be necessary.

I don't understand why IAG is denying the partnership that already exists between their stable of airlines.

They don't need the excuse of waiting for oneworld re-entry, that would be required for full oneworld/EI recognition. But there is no such requirement for having the FFPs of the IAG airlines co-operate (they already share the same currency!!!)
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
This is a backwards step, tier points only on EI

I do a bit of flying on BA and it will hurt me as I've no chance of any status on BAEC so use the BA flights to earn a tiny amount of points for EI status

Codeshare is the big unknown, but the T&C seem to consider you won't always be on EI metal

TA is now worth a lot more than previously in relative terms which is good
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA
This is a backwards step, tier points only on EI

I do a bit of flying on BA and it will hurt me as I've no chance of any status on BAEC so use the BA flights to earn a tiny amount of points for EI status

Codeshare is the big unknown, but the T&C seem to consider you won't always be on EI metal

TA is now worth a lot more than previously in relative terms which is good
Would ya relax, they have intergration with OneWorld upcoming along with AJB.

You'll get all the tier credits you want in 2017 I would imagine!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Do you get BA tier points when flying on EI metal with BAEC?

The lack of sectors thing is annoying, so you need to take 80 cheap flights to get platinum which doesn't look like rewarding loyalty to me.

My Tier start date in 21st Nov, same as everyone else it seems but my expiry date lines up with the my Gold Circle expiry date of Sept, however they've given the extra year, so it is 2018.

My Gold circle points have not been transferred over either.

The single most annoying thing for me though is if they had off applied the new tier point rules to the 12-month aer club qualifying period, I should be in platinum.

Finally the fast track element of Silver sounds very DUB only, losing fast track at the other end would be a blow as well.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by EIFREZY
Do you get BA tier points when flying on EI metal with BAEC?

The lack of sectors thing is annoying, so you need to take 80 cheap flights to get platinum which doesn't look like rewarding loyalty to me.

My Tier start date in 21st Nov, same as everyone else it seems but my expiry date lines up with the my Gold Circle expiry date of Sept, however they've given the extra year, so it is 2018.

My Gold circle points have not been transferred over either.

The single most annoying thing for me though is if they had off applied the new tier point rules to the 12-month aer club qualifying period, I should be in platinum.

Finally the fast track element of Silver sounds very DUB only, losing fast track at the other end would be a blow as well.
There rewarding their most lucrative frequent flyers, buy plus fare instead and you can half that amount of flights needed.

Gold Circle points wouldn't show up yet as Gold Circle was technically open as of midnight last night. They need all the files of flights to come in first before they settle everyone's balances up.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
The plus fare quietly went up from €25 to €35 for the low season when they brought in the new fare rules.

I'd imagine that the majority of saver fares will turn out to be "sale or promotional" fares too. Would be nice if that was clearly marked on the first page rather than having to dig through and find the fare info on the payment page (A,Z,W,T being promo fares).
On BA it clearly states the tier points & avios earned on the fare page.

Anyone know at which level a saver fare will be non promotional?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.