Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

When will EI become a full member of Oneworld?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will EI become a full member of Oneworld?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2021, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Given that only standalone Ireland to UK/Europe routes without any longhaul sectors would fall outside the scope of the JV, then oneworld frequent flyers are unlikely to be a big market there.

But who knows? I expect that BA (and maybe IB) will switch on Tier Point earning for all EI flights (though to be honest, I expected that already 5 years ago, or whenever IAG took over EI), so that would already "incentivise" BA flyers (myself included!) to come back to EI.

The majority of other oneworld frequent flyers would probably only encounter EI in the context of trips falling within the JV.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:45 am

Any guesses or rumours as to when Aer Lingus might implement their integration into the Transatlantic JV? I saw that they last week got approval for the ex-UK operations (TATL from MAN) to be included in the JV

Being able to easily codeshare/inter-line on AA to EI and use AA miles to redeem on EI connections would certainly make my flying a lot easier. To get full benefit of the DUB-MIA route that resumes this Winter they need to be able to competitively sell flights that connect to AA's Caribbean network
Old Sep 13, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Interlining with AA is present and has been for decades, through check of bags and boarding cards from both EI and AA works. Post landing into SFO on EI directions to both AA and UA gates were routinely given. So a good TA should be able to sort out ticketing

The question is status and earning and remember this also includes Finnair.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:27 am

Perhaps it's a fare issue then. Seems like there's no attempt to offer fares that are competitive on Caribbean-Dublin flights utilizing the MIA route.

There's usually some Fully Flex Y ticket available for 5-6k person on KIN-MIA-DUB route but nothing better than that.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL UA AS
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Interlining with AA is present and has been for decades, through check of bags and boarding cards from both EI and AA works. Post landing into SFO on EI directions to both AA and UA gates were routinely given. So a good TA should be able to sort out ticketing

The question is status and earning and remember this also includes Finnair.
I wish that AA and EI would codeshare on US to Dublin flights. We have an trip in November/December where the AA flights to Dublin were cancelled and we got rerouted on BA via LHR. This means that even though we are fully vaccinated for COVID, we now need to get tested before we leave the US in order to transit at LHR. It would be nice to fly directly from the US to Dublin and bypass the UK.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rvolkcpa
It would be nice to fly directly from the US to Dublin and bypass the UK.
Cancel your ticket, and rebook directly on Aer Lingus
fartoomanyusers and stifle like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:08 pm

Programs: ConciergeKey 4MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pigeonbutler
Any guesses or rumours as to when Aer Lingus might implement their integration into the Transatlantic JV? I saw that they last week got approval for the ex-UK operations (TATL from MAN) to be included in the JV

Being able to easily codeshare/inter-line on AA to EI and use AA miles to redeem on EI connections would certainly make my flying a lot easier. To get full benefit of the DUB-MIA route that resumes this Winter they need to be able to competitively sell flights that connect to AA's Caribbean network
AA won’t interline your luggage if you are travelling on anything other than a single ticket from origin to destination. That’s an AA issue, not EI. Can you purchase your reservation on a single ticket?
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 3:43 am

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...ng-aer-lingus/

Breaking on headforpoints.

Integration complete or imminent for the JV which should mean tier point/credit etc earning on participating airlines. It will be interesting to see how this plays out if the above is true. Surely a OW tie in of some sort.
DELLAS, irishguy28 and Dollar Bill like this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 3:53 am

The earning TPs on TATL will be great for many within the IAG grouping .
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 4:01 am

It will be interesting if EI doesn't join OW if earning tier credits will go both ways, i.e. will it be BA/AA/IB etc able to earn when flying EI but 'we' in Aerclub will not be able to earn tier credits when flying BA/AA/IB etc. If that was the case then some serious consideration for how I might credit flights at times. For example to keep or earn BAEC status and thus broader OW benefits for other airlines.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 4:42 am

Also, it would be great if gold/concierge will be same benefit of BA Silver/Gold on all OW partners!
DELLAS likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mccartje
https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...ng-aer-lingus/

Breaking on headforpoints.

Integration complete or imminent for the JV which should mean tier point/credit etc earning on participating airlines. It will be interesting to see how this plays out if the above is true. Surely a OW tie in of some sort.
So, maybe this final "integration" of ASTRAL into IAG is what caused the meltdown at DUB back on Sep 10!!!! https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/2093789-failure-t2-dublin.html
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:45 am

I sincerely hope this would be beginning of Aer Lingus re-joining oneworld! I'm presuming an official press release might give more details?
Old Sep 30, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Hope this doesn't also mean a doubling in biz fares from YYZ to DUB to BA/AC levels.
alserire likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:31 pm

I was looking up some flights today on BA.Com and noticed it showed me a lot of options for flying via DUB with EL

Last edited by mediamonkey; Oct 1, 2022 at 2:40 pm Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.