Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

When will EI become a full member of Oneworld?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will EI become a full member of Oneworld?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Finnair!
Iberia!!
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:02 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Not members, but it looks like you will be welcomed by BA and IB on an equal basis with their programs, 'Partner Lounge Access' is listed as a feature for platinum and concierge
I could well be wrong, but I took that to mean access to lounges used by Aer Lingus when on an Aer Lingus flight that aren't Aer Lingus owned lounges e.g. No 1 in Gatwick, Aspire in Belfast etc.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jucstransport
Iberia!!
They had been namechecked in the same breath as BA...
Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Still a vague 2017. Perhaps.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...-ceo/94064688/

Walsh said it was too early to set a precise date for when Aer Lingus might officially join.
“We don’t have a specific timeline. We’re working as quickly as we can," he said.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
when are you guys joining Oneworld ?

Sorry tryed a search but nothing answered my question..

Just wondered when u guys will be rejoining?? 2017?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Unfortunately there has been no confirmation on when EI will join. Indeed some of the conversations recently have suggested EI re-joining one world is an "if" scenario, rather than when. The main stumbling block seems to be the JV with AA, who don't "understand" the EI business model so well.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Can we infer from this that there's been little progress on Oneworld integration to date?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...market-members

Aer Lingus Entry

It’s also possible that Oneworld could move toward granting membership to less-established carriers in emerging nations -- where incompatible systems and differing service standards have been an issue -- especially since some markets seem likely to transition to low-cost carriers without ever developing fully fledged network operators.

“We’ve got to be open to everything and anything,” Gurney said. “There are some markets that have skipped the cycle, and if we want to have a partner that’s operating in those markets we have to re-think how we collaborate.”

Plans for Ireland’s Aer Lingus to join Oneworld after its purchase by BA owner International Consolidated Airlines Group SA provide an opportunity for the alliance to simplify the process for integrating new members, he said, though the timing is a matter for IAG and “scoping work” hasn’t yet started.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by ian001
Can we infer from this that there's been little progress on Oneworld integration to date?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...market-members
Unless by some miracle we hear something on the 24/2 as to a timeline.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: Various
Tick-Tock.....
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
IAG seems to have spent time and resources working on the June, 2017 launch of their new LCC, LEVEL.

I'm assuming Willie Walsh was quoted accurately when he said, according to USA Today - 18 Nov 2016 (link):

“We’re also intending to bring Aer Lingus into the trans-Atlantic joint business that we have with Finnair and American Airlines,” Walsh said, noting that there’s some overlap in the efforts to bring Aer Lingus into those tie-ups.

“The two go hand-in-hand, because some of the things we need to do to bring them into the joint business needs to be done for oneworld membership first. They’re on parallel platforms at the moment,” Walsh said.

“The plan is Aer Lingus will rejoin the oneworld alliance and therefore will benefit from the arrangements that apply,” Walsh said in an interview with Today in the Sky last week.

“We don’t have a specific timeline. We’re working as quickly as we can,” he said. “But these issues aren’t always as simple as they might appear. IT (information technology) tends to be the issue that drives the timeline on most of this — getting the Aer Lingus systems capable of interacting with the other oneworld carrier systems.”

“I would expect it in 2017, but I don’t have an exact date,” he added.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:29 am

Arr yes Aer Lingus IT
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Arr yes Aer Lingus IT
Yes indeed. When you can't get your own system to credit flights to your own FFP it may be challenging to try to credit to OW partners.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by MBDublin
Yes indeed. When you can't get your own system to credit flights to your own FFP it may be challenging to try to credit to OW partners.
^^
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
IAG seems to have spent time and resources working on the June, 2017 launch of their new LCC, LEVEL.

I'm assuming Willie Walsh was quoted accurately when he said, according to USA Today - 18 Nov 2016 (link):
Well, half of 2017 is gone and still no news on EI ever joining OW. It seems to me that bringing EI into OW would have been the better decision than launching a tiny LCC carrier.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:26 am

Yeah the lack of progress is very disappointing. I for one have booked with AA & BA for my upcoming trips to US purely due to this. And given there will be a 6month + lead time from announcement to commencement date, we're likely looking at the start of the 2018 summer season (Apr '18) at best

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.