GC Lounge access using BAEC

Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
GC Lounge access using BAEC

My wife is a BA silver flying MAN-DUB-MAN next week and I am wondering if she will have access to the gold circle lounge in Dublin or in the lounge in Manchester?

I know that normally she would only be allowed in if flying Dublin to London but now that it is all IAG have things changed or has has anyone gained access using a BAEC card.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
No access
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA
No access
I had thought as much, but lived in hope.

Any ideas of when we can expect this type of integration?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Nobody knows.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:08 am
Original Poster

I might just suggest that she try it and ask at the lounge desk and see what they say.

In the past I have always found the staff in the GC lounge very nice and always helpful.

I will report back
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Do report back.

I think the Aspire lounge in MAN will definitely not accede to her request...I can't imagine there is any scenario where a BA Silver is allowed access to that lounge.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by HarryBA
I might just suggest that she try it and ask at the lounge desk and see what they say.

In the past I have always found the staff in the GC lounge very nice and always helpful.

I will report back
Well as they say you dont try you dont get so no harm in asking whatever the outcome is they can only say no.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Well as they say you dont try you dont get so no harm in asking whatever the outcome is they can only say no.
Well it a case of if you're not in you can't win.

They really can only say no and if one already has the mindset of not getting in then it would be a shock
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Well it a case of if you're not in you can't win.

They really can only say no and if one already has the mindset of not getting in then it won't be a shock if you get refused
Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Do report back.

I think the Aspire lounge in MAN will definitely not accede to her request...I can't imagine there is any scenario where a BA Silver is allowed access to that lounge.

The update.

In short no.

She went to the GC desk with a no in mind. Asked about entry and was no at the moment. "Access is only for BA codeshare flights we don't have the capacity."
"We are waiting on BA to let us know but at the moment BA are keeping us as a separate entity."

She said the girl was very pleasant about and said hopefully in the near future.

She went and had a coffee in Bulters as there was no seats available in the terminal and the gate had not yet been posted.

What's flutes like for food?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.