Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

New product to be launched ''Aer Space'' UK and European routes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New product to be launched ''Aer Space'' UK and European routes.

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 3:38 am

Wow never thought that would see the light of day. Must have been why the app was down for maintenance, incorporating some of this.

AND importantly, the advantage fare has gone from earning aerclub 50 tier credits to 40 tier credits with aer space now getting the 50 tier credits instead. Thankfully plus fares still 25 tier credits

Last edited by mccartje; May 2, 2019 at 4:21 am Reason: Clarification
Old May 2, 2019, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mccartje
AND importantly, the advantage fare has gone form 50TPs to 40TPs with aer space now getting the 50TPs instead. Thankfully plus fares still 25TPs
Can you clarify this?

If you’re talking about buying Aer Lingus flights under the BA code, or if Aer Lingus flights now earn BA Tier Points, or if you mean Aer Club Tier Credits!
Old May 2, 2019, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Can you clarify this?

If you’re talking about buying Aer Lingus flights under the BA code, or if Aer Lingus flights now earn BA Tier Points, or if you mean Aer Club Tier Credits!
To clarify I meant Tier Credits on Aerclub nothing to do with BAEC, just confused my terms there.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:25 am

Also I noticed on twitter in response to someone to do with free food &drink from bia menu "...every AerSpace guest can have one beverage from the Bia cart and one snack form the Bia cart..."
Old May 2, 2019, 6:39 am

I wonder if it will be fixed or variable numbers of rows? Some of the SNN-LHR flights get cosy as it is.

For a random return SNN-LHR in Sept the price difference is €31 each way for AerSpace vs. Advantage. Not too bad if you need TCs and knock off the price of a drink and Snack. At that rate, I could see Advantage being dropped evenutally.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by mrkflyer
I wonder if it will be fixed or variable numbers of rows? Some of the SNN-LHR flights get cosy as it is.

For a random return SNN-LHR in Sept the price difference is €31 each way for AerSpace vs. Advantage. Not too bad if you need TCs and knock off the price of a drink and Snack. At that rate, I could see Advantage being dropped evenutally.
Seems to be fixed to row 1 at the moment anyway, so if it continues like that then obviously they need to keep advantage fare to allow for flexible bookings when the 4 aerspace seats are sold.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
For a random date in October DUB-LHR (one way fare and rounded to the nearest Euro)

Advantage: €124
AerSpace (First 2 seats): €150
AerSpace (Third seat): €320
AerSpace (Fourth seat): €496 (!)

As mccartje mentioned above - seems to be limited to 4 seats.
ASHFlyer likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:13 am

Doesn't look like it's listing on matrix/booking sites , so may only be an aerlingus.com think like plus/advantage.
Old May 2, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
If you book a connecting business class flight the web engine does give you aer space on the EU/UK sector
Old May 2, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Wow never thought that would see the light of day. Must have been why the app was down for maintenance, incorporating some of this.

AND importantly, the advantage fare has gone from earning aerclub 50 tier credits to 40 tier credits with aer space now getting the 50 tier credits instead. Thankfully plus fares still 25 tier credits
And any Advantage fares booked before yesterday will still net 50 Tier Points per sector. Thankfully. I usually book plus so I'm glad they're staying at 25 but I have one Advantage in August to get me to the next level and I'll still get the fifty for that.
Old May 2, 2019, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by alserire
And any Advantage fares booked before yesterday will still net 50 Tier Points per sector. Thankfully. I usually book plus so I'm glad they're staying at 25 but I have one Advantage in August to get me to the next level and I'll still get the fifty for that.
I'd be keeping an eye on that one make sure its applied correctly, especially if needed for tier level upgrade. Maybe screenshot the webpage in case it disappears and they play dumb come August.
DELLAS likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
I'd be keeping an eye on that one make sure its applied correctly, especially if needed for tier level upgrade. Maybe screenshot the webpage in case it disappears and they play dumb come August.
Already done
Old May 2, 2019, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Wise words indeed. I do it with everything from travel to insurance. Always have a copy of what was promised because plenty of times it saves a lot of hassle.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Aerclub Concierge, UA*S, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
This sort of explains the email I received yesterday related to an advantage fair in a weeks time:

"Our records show that you have an upcoming Flex or Advantage booking with us between Brussels and Dublin. Due to some essential updates to our website you will no longer be able to make changes to your booking online and instead will need to call our Reservations team. You'll find the local number for your country here. This does not in any way affect your Flex/Advantage benefits.

We hope this change does not cause any inconvenience and we look forward to welcoming you onboard."

And the website states: "* Advantage Fares booked before and on the 1st of May 2019 will be awarded the original 50 Tier Credit allowance."

Btw I think the first row only sucks

Last edited by D6chap; May 3, 2019 at 2:16 am
Old May 5, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Dambus
For a random date in October DUB-LHR (one way fare and rounded to the nearest Euro)

Advantage: €124
AerSpace (First 2 seats): €150
AerSpace (Third seat): €320
AerSpace (Fourth seat): €496 (!)

As mccartje mentioned above - seems to be limited to 4 seats.
Interesting that it's only four seats for now. Perhaps it will be different once the A321LR is on certain European flights. Clearly it's designed for connections and not for much else. Maybe it will be more successful than they think... or maybe not!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.