Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

New product to be launched ''Aer Space'' UK and European routes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New product to be launched ''Aer Space'' UK and European routes.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Yeah, that original slide says it's an Economy Class product.

It's basically the current Advantage fare with a free middle seat [which means you will be restricted as to which rows you can select your seat in] and complimentary food.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:15 pm
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
[...]
It's basically the current Advantage fare with a free middle seat [which means you will be restricted as to which rows you can select your seat in] and complimentary food.
And this makes (or rather would have made) a big difference. Blocked middle seat, lounge access and complimentary (proper I hope, not a pack of Taytos) food is what standard intra-Europe J class pretty much is nowadays.
To me the free middle seat alone is worth paying an extra quid.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:09 pm

They're basically conceding that the Irish market doesn't have enough pax willing to pay for anything premium related to travel. And if you look at the structure of the market that's probably a fair assessment. Ireland is a corporate hub but not generally for the type of high-level corporate services that make London such a premium market. This may have been some internal workshop dreaming of Dublin as a business capital only for someone to come and say 'hold on, that's not actually out there in sufficient quantities to justify a product'.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
They're basically conceding that the Irish market doesn't have enough pax willing to pay for anything premium related to travel. And if you look at the structure of the market that's probably a fair assessment. Ireland is a corporate hub but not generally for the type of high-level corporate services that make London such a premium market. This may have been some internal workshop dreaming of Dublin as a business capital only for someone to come and say 'hold on, that's not actually out there in sufficient quantities to justify a product'.
I'm not sure that's the right assessment. I think it speaks more to EI not wanting to offer a distinct short haul business product rather than the Dublin market not having the demand. BA's dozen or so flights a day to DUB all operate with a separate business cabin with loads and yields are consistently healthy. In fact every other operator that has a SH business products offers it on the DUB routes.

I think EI are making the right choice with Aer Space, aligning it more to SAS Plus model rather than a discrete business cabin a la BA and co.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:09 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
I think that's a fair point on O&D traffic but maybe if attracting connecting J traffic from the EI European network is a priority then a premium cabin might be important. I will always take BA when connecting to L/H J in LHR because of the J cabin to LHR ( OK and for the associated TP's and T5/T5 connection). I am basically getting more for the same cost.

I wonder what the rational was behind the initial launch. Was it premium paying O&D or to attract connecting J pax?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:17 am

Any further word on AerSpace? or any other Eurobusiness effort by Aer Lingus?

Seems like a big gap in their offering.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
If Vueling can offer Row 1 with middle seat free and complimentary BoB, not sure why EI can't.
There surely is demand for a C or C-light product given BA offer it from BHD and DUB.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Still in the pipeline from what I heard and may only be on routes such as LHR BRU FRA where demand would be strong but that could change too. It will either be SK model or IBX model.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Still in the pipeline from what I heard and may only be on routes such as LHR BRU FRA where demand would be strong but that could change too. It will either be SK model or IBX model.
Ibex Airlines? I thought they were an all-Y wetlease provider to ANA?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
Ibex Airlines? I thought they were an all-Y wetlease provider to ANA?
Iberia Express
DELLAS likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
AerSpace: Business Class to Launch in 2019

Aer Lingus is planning to reintroduce business class services on its busiest short-haul routes in Europe next year, having axed them in 2002.

This is tied to the introduction of new long range (LR) single aisle A321 aircraft that will be introduced on its long-haul services to the east coast of the United States from late 2019. These 186-seat aircraft will accommodate 16 business class passengers across the Atlantic, and the airline plans to also use them on certain routes from Dublin to other European destinations.

“All that will be on offer will be the space and the comfort. We are not going to be reintroducing bespoke catering. There will be catering but it will be the same as you buy on board, it will just be complimentary. We will keep the process relatively simple.”
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
.... shows EI’s move to becoming more like other national carriers and with the CEO shows a true potential for OW membership
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Will be very interesting on Dub - FRA and LHR where there is business offered by someone else

EI short haul Irish Breakfast is fairly unbeatable
ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Aerclub Concierge, UA*S, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Unless one is a vegetarian;-)
Old May 2, 2019, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Finally launched !

Our new premium short-haul travel experience

Introducing AerSpace - our new premium short-haul travel experience gives you more space to work and relax because the middle seat is always free. Put your baggage in your reserved overhead storage, then stretch out and enjoy complimentary food and drink as you fly. Plus with lounge access, priority boarding and Fast Track airport security, you'll breeze through the airport. Arrive at your best with AerSpace.
https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-inf...news/aerspace/
irishguy28 and mccartje like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.