Wiki Posts
Search

KLM Codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: EIGC, HH, BAEC, CC
KLM Codeshare

Does Aer Lingus still code share with KLM? Any reason why I cant get an AMS-DUB flight to price out on KLM individually or as a connection?

edit: seams to be I can only get from Ireland not to Ireland

Eoin

Last edited by Eoin Kilkenny; Feb 10, 2015 at 10:31 am
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Aer Lingus does not codeshare on KLM, and as far as I know, never has done. But KLM codeshares on all EI services between AMS and both DUB and ORK.

You can only buy these flights as part of a larger KLM trip - you cannot buy just DUB-AMS-DUB from KLM.

If you can find a flight from DUB to whatever destination you are looking at, of course you can find flights back to DUB from that same destination. KLM may not offer tickets from all destinations to Dublin - I can't imagine they would offer a UK-to-Ireland ticket via AMS for instance (in the past, they would have just offered Cityjet for LON-DUB itineraries).

EDIT: I was wrong. You can fly LHR-AMS-DUB with a KL number on the EI segment

Last edited by irishguy28; Feb 11, 2015 at 2:13 am
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
All of EI's codeshares require you undertake a connecting flight with the codeshare partner

So BA will not sell you DUB - LGW, but will sell you DUB - LGW - elsewhere

Same with B6, UA, EK, KL
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: EIGC, HH, BAEC, CC
I can get the flights im looking for as part of a return journey and the from Dub via AMS is fine but cant price a one way via AMS to DUB as its trying to send me via CDG. Maybe trying to keep it on the same alliance.

Ah well - the flights are there I just need to book separate segments - not the biggest deal. Just thought it was curious.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eoin Kilkenny
I can get the flights im looking for as part of a return journey and the from Dub via AMS is fine but cant price a one way via AMS to DUB as its trying to send me via CDG. Maybe trying to keep it on the same alliance.
Are you sure? the KLM website sometimes has so many results that not all are immediately shown. There may be further flights available but you have to click to view.

And are you sure that there is a flight from (whatever your destination is) to AMS on the day you are looking to return? If they can't get you to Amsterdam on that day, then they will of course only show options via CDG.

I would recommend you book a return if at all possible. KLM one-way pricing is expensive in most markets (they don't operate on the "half-the-return-fare" basis that EI does, or that most other European airlines have moved to, at least in some markets)

Last edited by irishguy28; Feb 11, 2015 at 6:25 am
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:58 am
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
KLM Codeshare

There is still some sort of link. I purchased an EI ticket AMS-DUB not long ago and put in my BA Gold card number. I checked in and it printed out a boarding card that showed me as skyteam gold which I thought was truly strange as they weren't a part of the deal at all.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will try that this week!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Ok, here's the deal on AMS.

There is a Co-Op deal on the two routes DUB and ORK to AMS - KLM has block purchased a proportion of all seats on every rotation. It's in the order of 15-20 seats - and they are standardly blocked by EI as the back rows.

Only KLM has access to those seats (though not the seat assignments, obviously) and only KLM can sell those seats as part on a continuing journey under their agreement with EI, not point to point.

You cannot purchase the EI operated DUB/AMS// under KL code.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bdohmen
There is still some sort of link. I purchased an EI ticket AMS-DUB not long ago and put in my BA Gold card number. I checked in and it printed out a boarding card that showed me as skyteam gold which I thought was truly strange as they weren't a part of the deal at all.
Did you get any Avios?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by bdohmen
That happened to me back in December AMS-DUB. Was fun to see Sky Priority on my boarding pass when I entered in my BA number. I did get pointed to the dedicated SP check in area once they saw the BP though so was handy. Lounge access was covered by my GC card but doubt the error on the BP would have got me into the KLM lounge with a BA card
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:52 pm
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Quote:

Did you get any Avios?
Regrettably no nor did I try to get into the lounge.

Last edited by bryand83; Feb 16, 2015 at 6:53 pm
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:13 am

KLM Codeshare

I haven't looked recently but not too long ago you could even book DUB-ORK on KLM. I can't think of too many circumstances where or would be useful to do so though.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IB Slvr, EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Flew DUB-AMS this week with EI and the boarding card states:
"IN CO OP WITH KLM"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.