Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

The Aer Lingus catering thread. Post your food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Aer Lingus catering thread. Post your food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Cheese toastie. LGW-DUB.

Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:07 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
EI104 JFK-DUB

Canapés

Steak (the pre-order steak meal in economy is better, the salad was appalling and no sauce)

Cheese plate and ice-cream

Breakfast: fruit and warm bacon roll

Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Another blank table moment out of BRU on Monday evening. No preorders loaded in Dublin

Ended up with a rather warm chicken and stuffing

Last edited by ROKNA; Apr 26, 2015 at 12:56 pm
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Another blank table moment out of BRU on Monday evening. No preorders loaded in Dublin

Ended up with a rather warm chicken and stuffing
Oh ! Just when I thought things were getting better. They really need to sort that out. Its just not acceptable.

Email GC and give out you may get a EUR50 voucher
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
To be fair the crew were a model of professionalism on my flight and dealt with the situation calmly and did not try to hide. I was served first, first choice of what was left on the trolley. I was probably a bit too easy going about it as I had enjoyed the comforts of the BA lounge in BRU, but can't fault the crew, they made the best of bad situation

I have a case open, its really letting the passengers down. EI catering was always above average and should be a key selling point, pre order worked so well for breakfasts.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:32 am
Accor 25+ Badge

The breakfast now comes in a very wasteful and unnecessary cardboard box:

Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Myself and friends got multiple emails today cancelling pre orders for the next few weeks and even a few months time. All routes affected. End of pre orders maybe?

Old May 12, 2015, 9:01 am

Some good news, new insulated bags have appeared to store the more perishable menu items. Should make a big difference on aircraft that do not get restocked during the day
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Pre order is back .

Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Seems we spoke too soon. Last nights BRU-DUB no catering at all just drinks. My pre order not loaded. Crew very nice and appoligised a few times. They are sick of it and management not listening to them. Passengers complaining etc...
Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:11 am
KJ5

Programs: Club Carlson Concierge, BA Silver, EI Elite
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Seems we spoke too soon. Last nights BRU-DUB no catering at all just drinks. My pre order not loaded. Crew very nice and appoligised a few times. They are sick of it and management not listening to them. Passengers complaining etc...
Had the same issue returning from Nice and flight was delayed leaving Dublin as no catering on board.

Crew advised a new menu is coming out soon - sausage sandwiches were mentioned - hope they use Super Quinn ones
Old Jun 13, 2015, 5:55 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Over the last two weeks ice also appeared to be a rare commodity. Apparently the ice machine is broken.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:39 pm
soy

Programs: various
Current performance with BoB is abysmal....suggests that IAG takeover cannot happen soon enough as this is complete management fail.

On a brighter note a new addition it seems with the addition of DIY tayto sandwiches http://economyclassandbeyond.boardin....WWBfXjSM.dpbs
Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soy
Current performance with BoB is abysmal....suggests that IAG takeover cannot happen soon enough as this is complete management fail.

On a brighter note a new addition it seems with the addition of DIY tayto sandwiches http://economyclassandbeyond.boardin....WWBfXjSM.dpbs
Indeed I think you may have to be Irish to appreciate that one Launched the same week that the Irish government launched a Childhood obesity awareness campaign €4 is a bit steep too.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 4:42 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Indeed I think you may have to be Irish to appreciate that one Launched the same week that the Irish government launched a Childhood obesity awareness campaign €4 is a bit steep too.
Ms McKenna denies any involvement

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.