FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Does the ORD-DUB sell out frequently? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1611271-does-ord-dub-sell-out-frequently.html)

CosmosHuman Sep 8, 14 7:44 pm

Does the ORD-DUB sell out frequently?

I checked the availability of seats on my upcoming flight this November, and it looks like it's a near sell out. With less than two months to go on my holiday I expect a full plane. I guess I have been lucky so far most of my flights never were never full.

I'm flying in economy and am wondering how overwhelmed the flight attendants become. I have a special meal ordered, the diabetic meal, and as I take medicine before breakfast and dinner, will this be an issue getting my meal in a reasonable time? I also plan to take appropriate snacks just in case. I'm not on insulin but on metformin and byetta. I have purchased a couple of collapsible water bottles I plan to fill post security. I need to keep hydrated or I get bad headaches, so I may need another bottle.

Are pillows and a blanket provided, or do I need to bring my own?

I don't want to be a PITA or a DYKWIA...that's not me at all, it's just I have never flown this airline.

James91 Sep 8, 14 9:11 pm

I've done sold out DUB-JFK routes a couple of time with them, and they bring any special meals out first (I get Gluten Free meals). I didn't get a blanket on the day flight out, but on the return leg (JFK-DUB), I got one. I got a pillow both ways though.

CosmosHuman Sep 9, 14 5:13 am

Originally Posted by James91 (Post 23496299)
I've done sold out DUB-JFK routes a couple of time with them, and they bring any special meals out first (I get Gluten Free meals). I didn't get a blanket on the day flight out, but on the return leg (JFK-DUB), I got one. I got a pillow both ways though.

How was your GF meal? I had a diabetic meal once on United and it was dreadful.

irishguy28 Sep 9, 14 5:45 am

I had a standard meal once on United; it was dreadful!

James91 Sep 9, 14 11:42 am

Originally Posted by happymom2008 (Post 23497613)
How was your GF meal? I had a diabetic meal once on United and it was dreadful.

I've had them on United, EI, DL and AA, and all have been pretty good.

EI's was like quinoa, lamb chunks and this random paste with lentils. Then a fruit bowl and gluten free cookie. Just before landing, more fruit and some rice cakes.

United's was similar, but on their flights I have to suffer the amazing smells of those cheese paninis they hand out prior to landing, whilst I'm sitting eating a rice cake :mad::D.

CosmosHuman Sep 9, 14 11:49 am

Usually I get a dried out tasteless chicken breast, an overcook veggie, small salad. Once I had sugar free dessert, a pudding I think, dreadful; tasted like NutraSweet. So I will pack something that I will like just in case. Got to have a back-up plan.

OTOH, I did bid on an upgrade to biz, but I have no idea until 24/48 hours before the trip if I was successful. All I need to do is watch the carbs basically. No bread, rice, crackers. Protein is my friend. I do make an exception for beer and alcohol.

MrCharming Sep 11, 14 2:32 am

Last time I did ORD -> DUB was back in beginning of april.
Was flying out on Sunday evening(think it's 6pm depart from ORD) and the plane was empty.. 50-60 people tops I think - But when i flew over there 6 days earlier it was packed? :confused: