Avios booking question

Old Nov 15, 13, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Avios booking question

Hi guys
Made a bit of a boo boo. Decided to take the other half to New York in July and take advantage of the fantastic value j seats on avios. Called BA and was told there were 4 seats available for more or less the dates I wanted. Thought that was great and decided to check with the wife and call back the next day. What an idiot!! Availability in j disappeared over night. Then about a week later two seats down the back opened up and I booked them.

Hopefully before July a couple of J seats will appear but in case they don't will my BA status count on the flights? Will I get into the lounge in DUB and JFK and will my baggage allowance be as per BA? I'm gold and the wife is silver if it matters.

I am guessing the answer is no to both but thought it best to check with wiser folks!
Old Nov 15, 13, 8:49 pm

Programs: Aer Club Platinum, BAEC Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Not sure about Aer Lingus lounge access for BAEC members, but I suggest you email [email protected] and they will have the answer.

Hope this is of help, MickV
Old Nov 16, 13, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
No access to Ei lounges on transatlantic in economy with a Ba gold or silver card.
Op as a gold,you'd have got free cancellation on those j seats if your other half didn't want them.
It's a school boy error not to take advantage of that.Book first ask questions later.
Old Nov 16, 13, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by Earthman View Post
No access to Ei lounges on transatlantic in economy with a Ba gold or silver card.
Op as a gold,you'd have got free cancellation on those j seats if your other half didn't want them.
It's a school boy error not to take advantage of that.Book first ask questions later.
I Know! Don't know what I was thinking. So stupid.

Hopefully a couple of j seats will open up.

Thanks for the answers guys.