Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus' new home at LHR T2

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: EK Blue,VS,BA, Krisflyer, Hilton Gold , Radisson Gold , Hyatt Gold.
I absolutly hate the aer lingus t1 area - complete hole - at last we get a decent arrival / departure terminal - t1 only suitable for domestic flights

Last edited by GoldCircle; Aug 13, 2013 at 4:40 pm Reason: Profanity
Old Mar 4, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
What will happen to the "green Mile"

As I walked wearily yesterday morning down the green mile to gate 84 in T1 LHR, I wondered what will happen to it when EI move terminals?

EI are definitely getting ready to move. The Hotel adverts towards the end are now gone. These were great to distract you on the long weary walk. The last motivating step to get to the finish line.

Anyway it won't be long now and I for one is looking forward to a nice change.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Terminal 1 will be demolished for further building work once it has been vacated.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-l...s-now-lhr.html
Old Mar 7, 2014, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
...but that won't be when EI moves out in July, as BA flights to DUB don't move until October, for a start.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stifle
...but that won't be when EI moves out in July, as BA flights to DUB don't move until October, for a start.
Yes indeed - health and safety dictates that T1 won't be completely demolished until it has been completely vacated.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Just an update.

I was in the new T2 today. Lovely building and great facilities. Saw where the EI GC lounge will be and pretty well located.

The ''Green Mile'' Pier T1 is being demolished in July after EI's departure and all BA BHD/DUB flights will be from gate 7-8 etc... BA are trying to kick VS off the gate

Loads of pics in link in my signature if anyone is interested. Any questions feel free to ask.

BTW for anyone flying from T1 you can access T2 via walkway if you want to take a look and have plenty of time.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: Aer Club Platinum, BAEC Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Many thanks for sharing your marvelous pics, DELLAS.

The new terminal is vastly superior to the collection of metal tubes that is currently T1.

Great view of Concorde too.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
T2 is essentially a smaller copy of T5.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 6:35 pm

I was in T2 yesterday and left a little disappointed, for something so new I expected a bit more "glitz". T5 is six years old now and you'd have thought that they'd try to make T2 an even better experience rather than a copy of T5 with less amenities.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stifle
T2 is essentially a smaller copy of T5.
I much prefer it than T5 to be honest. I think they have copied some things yet enhanced and not made the mistakes as some things in T5.

I love the choice of very good dining options and also the layout. I was in it for the second time on Thursday and had a more in depth look around all areas/floors and gate areas.

Personally I prefer less ''glitz'' and more practicality to be honest.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:22 am

Aer Lingus to move to new home in 12 months from now (LHR)

I was really impressed by the number of dining options too. If I had a flight from t1 and was feeling peckish I would seriously consider walking over to t2 just to get a better food selection. There are four full size restaurants as well as a number of smaller places. And the layout makes it easy to check then all out and compare.

The walk from t1 to t2a was shorter than I expected. It's shorter than one end of t1 to the other. the walk to t2b was MUCH longer than I expected.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know if the new Gold Circle lounge is ready to open next week?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold,HH Gold, Flying Club Gold, SAS Gold
So I am guessing no more connection bus for tatl flights out of t2.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: Aer Club Platinum, BAEC Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Flying Blue Gold
The Aer Lingus Dublin lounge has had pictures of the new lounge on display for several weeks, with the note that the opening date is July 9th.

I'll be in T2 on Wednesday 9th, and I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebouncer
So I am guessing no more connection bus for tatl flights out of t2.
Won't be needed. The whole point of the bus from the back steps at T1 was because after negotiating the Irish mile you are dumped landside with no way to get to flight connections. That won't be an issue in T2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.