FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by oopsydaisy
I'm finding it really confusing working out when you can/cant use certain lounges!
Aer Club Platinum will get you into Aer Lingus lounges and the other lounges listed on their website when flying on Aer Lingus.

In your case, you will be flying on BA in Premium Economy - which of itself doesn't allow lounge access due to class of travel - so you won't have access to any BA lounge in Heathrow (had you used Aer Lingus rather than BA on the DUB-LHR sector, you would have had lounge access at LHR. However, it never hurts to try - show up at the lounge and see what happens).

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-inf...-lounge-access
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 6, 2019 at 7:29 am
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:33 am

OP is your DUB - LHR sector on EI metal but BA flight number by any chance? If so then the above rule shown by @irishguy28 might be applicable (and yes also you could chance your arm at the lounge you never know, might get lucky).

As far as the waiting for the membership card and luggage tags it seems variable but certainly a month (or 2) waiting is not uncommon based on anecdotal evidence of others, personally mine have always arrived within a couple weeks.
oopsydaisy likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: Aer Club
Thanks for the response. Yes its a BA flight number but operated by Aer Lingus. I might chance my arm anyways. Have 4-5 hours of a layover in LHR on both legs so nothing ventured, nothing gained etc. Especially pre/post a 12 hour flight to/from Japan.

Frustrating having to wait so long for EI cards/tags. I was DL platinum for a couple of years, they would have new tags out to you within a week or 2 of gaining status.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by oopsydaisy
Thanks for the response. Yes its a BA flight number but operated by Aer Lingus. I might chance my arm anyways. Have 4-5 hours of a layover in LHR on both legs so nothing ventured, nothing gained etc. Especially pre/post a 12 hour flight to/from Japan.

Frustrating having to wait so long for EI cards/tags. I was DL platinum for a couple of years, they would have new tags out to you within a week or 2 of gaining status.
Let us know here how you get on with lounge access with BA in LHR. The above mentioned rule may only apply to EI booked codeshares on BA metal onward from LHR, the rule isn't super clear to me.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Cattle Class
Apologies if I missed it. Is there a wiki or a thread for the Aerlingus lounge access, for people who can guest or looking to access EI lounge?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Awtas
Apologies if I missed it. Is there a wiki or a thread for the Aerlingus lounge access, for people who can guest or looking to access EI lounge?
No not here anyway. Thought I read somewhere that it was against flytalk rules these days, I could be wrong in that maybe it was just the BA forum where they stopped it.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Bit of a row in Gatwick last night. Not sure if it was an EI customer but the person was refused entry as they didnt have a physical membership card and despite having status on mobile boarding pass. I overheard subsequent call between staff on duty and management and their refusal was confirmed as being correct.

Just FYI. Make sure you have your card with you.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by alserire
Bit of a row in Gatwick last night. Not sure if it was an EI customer but the person was refused entry as they didnt have a physical membership card and despite having status on mobile boarding pass. I overheard subsequent call between staff on duty and management and their refusal was confirmed as being correct.

Just FYI. Make sure you have your card with you.
In this day and age that's just absurd.
flame, Dambus and alserire like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mccartje
No not here anyway. Thought I read somewhere that it was against flytalk rules these days, I could be wrong in that maybe it was just the BA forum where they stopped it.
Just the BA forum I think. The Emirates forum for example has a similar lounge offer/request thread.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: EI Silver, AF Ivory, SPG Gold, HH, IHG Priority Club, Choice Privileges
Question Aer Lingus Lounge list ( Europe )

Is it my imagination, or has Aer Lingus culled the number of Lounges available in Europe. Last time I checked this list from the company website, I thought it had many more lounges listed
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
I just had a matronly lounge dragon at the BA Lounge in O'Hare try to deny me access by telling me point blank "We only accept Aer Lingus Gold", not even a hello. First of all madam, Aer Lingus haven't had gold in what, 3 years now? Also, I was directed to come here by the check-in staff, I'm hardly the first you've encountered.

EDIT: For what it's worth, the voracity of her protection of the sacred lounge space was entirely unwarranted, it's abysmal, stale cookies, no windows, and two types of sandwiches that look like they've been teased apart one by one by weary travellers. I've been spoiled by AA's Flagship lounge in T3.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
ORD isn't even worth trying to get into, its horrible
Old Aug 10, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
ORD isn't even worth trying to get into, its horrible
+1 Fawning over BA pax then finger tips on edges of EI boarding pass.

One of the regular agents on the ORD lounge desk also appears to enjoy denying guest access for EI pax due to the lounge being full.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by flame

Is it my imagination, or has Aer Lingus culled the number of Lounges available in Europe. Last time I checked this list from the company website, I thought it had many more lounges listed

Not sure there were many more than what is listed. Bologna used to be on the list but it appears to be gone now. All the ones I've been in are still there.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: EI Silver, AF Ivory, SPG Gold, HH, IHG Priority Club, Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by alserire
Not sure there were many more than what is listed. Bologna used to be on the list but it appears to be gone now. All the ones I've been in are still there.
Prague is another one that's gone

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.