Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
I’m shepherding a small group of seniors through DUB (PHL-DUB-FCO) latter this year. Most of us are *Gold. Will we have access to the lounge during our layover?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
I’m shepherding a small group of seniors through DUB (PHL-DUB-FCO) latter this year. Most of us are *Gold. Will we have access to the lounge during our layover?
Only if coming off a business class EI flight. UA status won't help.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by mccartje
Only if coming off a business class EI flight. UA status won't help.
Thanks for the quick response.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
Thanks for the quick response.
Not sure how much time you have either. If you are EI metal all the way then you arrive at 5.15 a.m. with FCO departing at 6.20 a.m. Unless you're very early you're unlikely to have time for a trip to the lounge
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Word of a dedicated lounge at BOS opening in 2019
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:15 pm

I see from EI website that the lunge in Rome is the BA one. Anyone been in there? Any issues getting in as per recent posts about ORD? Silver card.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Update to this, EI is indeed using the new lounge above and is now listed as a partner on the website. Haven't been there yet but it looks a nice spot. Side note the BA lounge is also closed in MUC and BA using this new lounge also (hence EI not switching to that one). Probably a new refurb at MUC meant a few changes. This is not updated on the EI website yet, still says the old Atlantik lounge.
The new lounge in MUC is indeed very nice, two floors, warm food. Excellent facility one of the best out there.

Just to note its not the easiest to find, go through B security in T1 and turn left immediately and left again to find a lift next to the side of security its a matter of a few meters
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: EI Silver, AF Ivory, SPG Gold, HH, IHG Priority Club, Choice Privileges
Question Zurich Lounge ?

Sadly, I have left this till the last moment.
I leave for Zurich tomorrow, wed 23/1/19 but am returning late on Friday 25th Jan.
I know EI used the airport lounge above the E-Gates ( Mid Field Terminal ) in the past, But on checking this AM they appear to have changed lounge.
The website does not make it very clear where exactly it is, looks like it may be in the Main terminal area ?
Would anyone know if this is so or are EI still using the one above the E Gates in the mid field Terminal ( access via the underground rail)
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Word of a dedicated lounge at BOS opening in 2019
Yes saw this mentioned specifically in a brochure on board EI. Seems sensible I guess with a couple of flights per day and maybe with the A321LR that frequency may increase....?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Aerclub Concierge, UA*S, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Yes saw this mentioned specifically in a brochure on board EI. Seems sensible I guess with a couple of flights per day and maybe with the A321LR that frequency may increase....?
"We're delighted to be opening our first dedicated lounge in Boston Logan Airport in 2019. "
Do they not remember they used to have a dedicated lounge in Boston?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by D6chap
"We're delighted to be opening our first dedicated lounge in Boston Logan Airport in 2019. "
Do they not remember they used to have a dedicated lounge in Boston?
Yup the windowless dungeon with no bathroom
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:09 am

FYI I am currently enjoying the lovely surrounds of the BA Lounge in FCO. Quiet, well stocked. Lovely view of the runway. Overall a very nice lounge. With no toilet. Yep, you want to use the bathroom you have to leave the lounge.

Staggering.

Edit. Newspapers are two days old as well 😱

Last edited by alserire; Feb 22, 2019 at 2:34 am
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:35 am

I suspect I know the answer :-)
Looking at Aer Lingus BHX-DUB-MCO in Business.
No flights from BHX-DUB are in business, but I know we get longer journey baggage allowance, but can we use a lounge in BHX on this ticket? I suspect not.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by AlanA
I suspect I know the answer :-)
Looking at Aer Lingus BHX-DUB-MCO in Business.
No flights from BHX-DUB are in business, but I know we get longer journey baggage allowance, but can we use a lounge in BHX on this ticket? I suspect not.
We have flown this route a couple of times in business. We were invited to use the No.1 Lounge upon check-in.
AlanA likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: Aer Club
Aer Club Platinum - BA lounge

I'm finding it really confusing working out when you can/cant use certain lounges!

I am an Aer Club Platinum member. Next week I fly BA DUB-LHR-NRT in Premium Economy. All on a BA ticket. Does anyone know if I can use the BA lounge in LHR?
Sorry if it's a silly question - i just dont want to make a tit of myself going up to the lounge looking for access and being refused!

Also, as a side note - anyone know hoe long EI take to send out new cards/bag tags? Still haven't got my platinum one, and at this stage i'm less than 200 credits short of Concierge!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.