Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by Pete_23567
Does anybody know if the showers are still closed in the DUB lounge? It says so on the website but you never can be sure if that’s up to date.

I assume they used to provide towels pre covid?
nevermind - closed for the foreseeable until more guidance is given by the government apparently…
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Does 51st & Green still have that 2 alcoholic drink limit rule in place?
I dont remember this rule although the fact that they serve it to you probably does cut down on consumption although sometimes there is a small line, which is annoying.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by alserire
Just arrived in LHR. Likely to be delayed an hour. Soup, Cheese and crackers. No wraps, salads, sandwiches. That’s it. Absolutely shocking.
Wow! Is that because of Covid? Can you still self-serve wine and beer? or is alcohol not served these days (or served by attendant)? Is the fridge still open to grab soda or water?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Wow! Is that because of Covid? Can you still self-serve wine and beer? or is alcohol not served these days (or served by attendant)? Is the fridge still open to grab soda or water?
It’s all self service and there’s plenty of beverages of all kinds. Just very little food.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I'm currently in the ORK Aspire lounge which has had a very considerable upgrade since last time I've been (pre-COVID).

Offerings include:
  • Full complimentary bar – soft limit of 2 alcoholic drinks per person. Guinness and Heineken are on draft, everything else is bottles.
  • Barry's Tea or fancy tea, coffee machine
  • Post-mix drink dispenser (self service) for Pepsi Max/Diet, Tango, and 7Up
  • Choice of juices and sparking/still water
  • Other soft drinks such as Fanta Lemon as well as mineral water behind the bar
  • Hot food! Mornings it's Irish breakfast, pastries and cereal, rest of day a choice of 3 dishes – at the moment it's 3 Bean stew, chicken à la king with rice, and red pesto pasta.
  • Soup and bread
  • Cheese, salads, and crackers
  • Nice cakes of the sort that are €3 over in the food court
  • afternoon tea: scones with jam & cream
  • Taytos
This is considerably better than DUB/LHR Aer Lingus lounges in my opinion.
mccartje likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
I'm currently in the ORK Aspire lounge which has had a very considerable upgrade since last time I've been (pre-COVID).

Offerings include:
  • Full complimentary bar – soft limit of 2 alcoholic drinks per person. Guinness and Heineken are on draft, everything else is bottles.
  • Hot food! Mornings it's Irish breakfast, pastries and cereal, rest of day a choice of 3 dishes – at the moment it's 3 Bean stew, chicken à la king with rice, and red pesto pasta.
  • Soup and bread
  • Taytos
Better than DUB and miles ahead of LHR by the sound of it. A pity I don't live there!
Harper50505 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:55 am

Barry's Tea or fancy tea...
Love this line, you wouldn't need a passport to get back home pulling a line like that out.
alserire likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: AerClub - Platinum

Offerings include:
  • Soup and bread
  • Taytos
My days that sounds great. I can't imagine we will see any upgrades in the EI branded lounges in the short-term.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold

Offerings include:
I've only been there a couple of times since it re-opened, and not since June, but I've not seen any dishes other than those you mentioned!
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:00 pm

Got an email, which I’ve never gotten before, saying I have to print it to access lounge in outstation (MUC). Will they accept a scan of the barcode? Not sure I’ll be able to print it off.

Is this new? Used lounges in LIN and FCO in March/April and it was boarding card only and no problem.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by alserire
Got an email, which I’ve never gotten before, saying I have to print it to access lounge in outstation (MUC). Will they accept a scan of the barcode? Not sure I’ll be able to print it off.

Is this new? Used lounges in LIN and FCO in March/April and it was boarding card only and no problem.
I'm not sure how relevant it is but I did read the odd post on the BA forum about issues accessing the MUC lounge (which I think both EI and BA use) via only a BP and that they had to show their status card also for access. So maybe in this case you need the lounge invite to confirm access plus BP (or though I would have thought your Aerclub status card/digital equivalent would suffice too).
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:21 pm

Thanks. Have the email with barcode so hopefully they won’t insist on an actual piece of paper.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
munich is picky print it
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA
munich is picky print it
I’ll try. Hopefully the hotel will do it.

I didn’t receive the email until after I’d left dublin. Which is why I didn’t print it. Those emails really should be sent out before departure
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:40 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
I got mine within minutes of booking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.