Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by JSM8
One other question...does BAEC Gold give travelling on Aer Lingus out of LHR fast track security?
I think not, but pretty sure you could just go the T2 fast track security and not be challenged. This is assuming the 'fast track' will be any faster than the normal queue, more than a few times the normal queue has almost certainly been quicker or at least as quick.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Word of a dedicated lounge at BOS opening in 2019
Anyone heard anything more on this?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by mccartje
I think not, but pretty sure you could just go the T2 fast track security and not be challenged. This is assuming the 'fast track' will be any faster than the normal queue, more than a few times the normal queue has almost certainly been quicker or at least as quick.
Just to feedback, BAEC Gold did work on Fast Track in security, I could get into the EI lounge but not a guest, and Plaza Premium has a much better food offering than EI....thanks to all who contributed their intel.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by JSM8
Just to feedback, BAEC Gold did work on Fast Track in security, I could get into the EI lounge but not a guest, and Plaza Premium has a much better food offering than EI....thanks to all who contributed their intel.
Out of curiosity did you ask permission at fast track and get denied or get stopped when you scanned your boarding pass?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by mccartje
Out of curiosity did you ask permission at fast track and get denied or get stopped when you scanned your boarding pass?
I walked into fast track security and showed my ticket and BAEC card to the guy on the barrier who accepted it, scanned the ticket, asked me to look into the machine (Ireland aka domestic flight) and waved me on
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:08 am

Flying DUS-DUB-YYZ in J today. The lounge in DUS is obviously no longer the Air Berlin Lounge. You can use the Open Sky Lounge with your Y ticket plus the onward J Ticket.
Lounge is fine, slightly better service and refreshments when compared to the DUS LH Biz or SEN Lounges.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:35 pm

It’s a pity that Aer Lingus lets itself down on the food offering in T2.

As its flagship lounge in their home country, it is easily the worst of the 6 lounges in Dublin. It’s surprising that a revamp has not occurred.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Dollar Bill
It’s a pity that Aer Lingus lets itself down on the food offering in T2.

As its flagship lounge in their home country, it is easily the worst of the 6 lounges in Dublin. It’s surprising that a revamp has not occurred.
I'm probably being dumb but what's the 6th lounge? Can only think of 5

I do agree though, the EI lounge is quite poor for a home lounge.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:17 pm

6th lounge was a bit of tongue in cheek. It’s the platinum services in the private terminal. I’ve heard from a colleague it’s very impressive!

Other national carriers have implemented their domestic lounges far better
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Dollar Bill
6th lounge was a bit of tongue in cheek. It’s the platinum services in the private terminal. I’ve heard from a colleague it’s very impressive!

Other national carriers have implemented their domestic lounges far better
Ah I see, I guess that counts too (just doesn't enter my orbit of realistic options )

I mean, I know EI is somewhat of a half way house carrier between LCC and full service so I guess the lounges fall in there too but the fact that their DUB lounge is not any better than (and often worse) than your run of the mill paid access lounge is disappointing.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by KtheC
SFO is such an awful, expensive airport though. Even a crappy lounge would be a a better and less expensive way to whittle away the time before the flight. I typically fly into LAX and leave by SFO, so I guess I'll just have to try and switch it around. Is the Virgin lounge in LAX any better?
Im in the Virgin Lounge now and came on here to say how impressed I am (compared to normal Aer Lingus lounges). Full waitor service, choice of drinks (including 5 types of champagne) and cocktails and decent 3 course food menu.

Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:31 am

Passed through LAX recently and didn't bother hitting the Virgin lounge, as I'd read such bad reviews. More the fool me! Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to my next visit!
Old Feb 16, 2020, 11:24 am

Jfk lounge hours or operration

Very confusing information on when this lounge is open. Some say 1245 but today Sunday its not open at 130 and the Jet Blue lady suggested it might open at 3 pm. Why bother having a lovely lounge and open for 2 hours?
Old Apr 11, 2020, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
I am flying DUB-EWR-ORD, the Dublin to ewr is in air Lingus business class with the second flight in United business class will I have access to the British airways lounge in Newark?
Old Apr 12, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
EI has suspended the DUB-EWR route call whoever sold the ticket and seek a direct DUB-ORD routing if travelling between now and May 31st

In theory you are entitled to the United Club lounge at Newark you will need both the EI and UA boarding cards to be admitted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.