Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:03 pm

Two quick questions on the lounge access at DUB & LHR for BAEC members.

1) Does it need to be on a codeshare or is an EI issued ticket ok? Seem to recall it's ok.

2) Does the BAEC number need to be in the booking?

Have a DUB-LHR return coming up booked with EI (cost) but crediting to AerClub as at least get some tier credits as well as Avios. Just wondering if this precludes lounge access.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Rules are

Flying ORK/SNN/DUB-to LHR/LGW and LHR to ORD/SNN/DUB

Flying EI
Have BAEC Silver or better status
No guest

While on paper you should have a BA 125 issued ticket, any ticket issued by any carrier is good. Once prime flight number is EI its good
Old Feb 1, 2017, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
BA number does not need to be in the booking but you do usually need the physical card.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:17 am

Thanks ROKNA and stifle!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:00 am

Just a follow up on my question for anyone searching.

No issue accessing DUB or LHR lounges with EI flights and non-status AerClub number on booking. Just showed BAEC card and was granted access.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Saw this on Twitter, anyone have any insight as to what's going on? Would be great if it's true.

"@AerLingus AerClub have said they are adding more European lounge access to silver tier from 13th Feb. Do you have a list of these additions"

Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Does anyone have any experience using JFK lounge when arriving from DUB in J? Would be great to have a shower before heading into the city but it strikes me that my luggage would be left unattended on the carousel for some time (unlike in DUB where you can collect your luggage first).
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by mb48
Does anyone have any experience using JFK lounge when arriving from DUB in J? Would be great to have a shower before heading into the city but it strikes me that my luggage would be left unattended on the carousel for some time (unlike in DUB where you can collect your luggage first).
Anyone have any experience with the Berlin lounge? EI's website says we have access to the 'Berlin Airport Lounge' but all I can find online is a Landside lounge, is this the case?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by alancostello
Anyone have any experience with the Berlin lounge? EI's website says we have access to the 'Berlin Airport Lounge' but all I can find online is a Landside lounge, is this the case?
Yup, found it. EI moved to Terminal A in late Feb.

Enter the main entrance of Terminal A, turn left, then right under the big departure board, up escalator, end of the corridor

Due to the design of TXL, all lounges in TA are land side
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Yup, found it. EI moved to Terminal A in late Feb.

Enter the main entrance of Terminal A, turn left, then right under the big departure board, up escalator, end of the corridor

Due to the design of TXL, all lounges in TA are land side
Hopefully the situation improves when Brandenburg (eventually) opens. The pictures and reviews online make me think I shouldn't even bother!
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:53 pm

It appears to have been refurbished recently, new floor some new seats

No food really, fridge stacked to the top with beer, not a fizzy drink to be found

If you recall the lounge in SXF, TXL is only marginally better, surprising EI hasn't started using the BA lounge as they use the same ground agents as BA now, that said the BA TXL lounge is pretty bad from what I've heard
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Question about OW Sapphire on BA flights operated by Aer Lingus

Originally Posted by stifle

Welcome to the Aer Lingus lounge thread.

Let's start with some information. Aer Lingus operates but three of its own lounges, which are located at Dublin (DUB) terminal 2, London Heathrow (LHR) terminal 2, and Boston (BOS), the latter recently reopened after refurbishment. However, arrangements are in place at many other airports served by Aer Lingus to accommodate eligible passengers in lounges operated by other airlines, ground handlers, or the airport itself.

A full list of lounges which Aer Lingus passengers may use is available at http://www.aerlingus.com/goldcircle/lounges/

In all cases lounge access gained via a frequent flyer scheme must be evidenced by presentation of an in-date plastic card. And as in all cases of things Irish, this is applied with glorious inconsistency

People entitled to lounge access are those travelling on Aer Lingus and falling into one of the following categories:
  • Aer Lingus Gold Circle, Prestige, or Elite cardholders plus one guest
  • Bank of Ireland Aer Lingus Gold Visa Business cardholders plus one guest
  • Passengers travelling on an EI Flexi Fare (within Europe), on presentation of their lounge access email. Note that this means the fare described on EI's website as Flexi, and may not incorporate fully flexible tickets purchased via other channels.
  • Passengers travelling in EI Business Class (trans-atlantic). It is unclear whether this incorporates access at European outstations when connecting onto a business class flight.
  • Passengers who have purchased lounge access when booking or using Manage My Booking (available at a limited number of locations), on presentation of their email receipt
Officially, guests (where allowed) must be on the same flight. This may not be enforced in practice.

Although Aer Lingus codeshares with United on a number of routes, Star Alliance membership does not grant access to Aer Lingus lounges.

Some lounges have additional access permissions, and where relevant these will be noted adjacent to the particular lounge's details.

I booked a flight marketed as a British Airways flight EWR to ROME connecting through DUB.
Normally, my Sapphire status (Platinum on AA) would gain me access to Lounges traveling abroad. I noticed on trying to select seats that the BA flight is actually operated from EWR to DUB and DUB to Italy by Aer Lingus. Do I still receive baggage allowance, Sapphire benefits and lounge access in EWR and DUB? Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2017, 3:20 am

Only EI status counts on those flights, AA means nothing
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, SPG Gold
Question:

If one is willing to pay $35/€35 for lounge access for a TATL ex-DUB, which would actually be worth the money? The Aer Lingus lounge or 51st & Green?
Then there's the other DAA lounge that's like €19 or something.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:15 am

I'd go with 51st and Green. The main reason being is that it's after US preclearance. You can just go straight there and relax until the flight and then go straight on board. If you look at the US departures for the day, you can figure out the quietest time and aim to be at preclearance then to minimise waiting times. Flights are called about 90 mins before departure. The lounge staff will then call your flight for boarding.

Lounge food options are also slightly better there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.