Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
ORK lounge Access - BA booking

Hi

We are flying on Aer Lingus ORK -LHR-SIN-MEL. BA booking with sapphire status.

Will I get lounge access at ORK & plus 1?

First time out of ORK (Ex EU to MEL) Any useful tips; Do /Donts welcome as Mrs Very old Fruity tends to get a bit stressed over these 2 day travel trips

Thanks in advance

OF

And yes we are planning to take the last leg; LHR - ORK on our return next year unless...................

Last edited by OldFruity; Dec 15, 2015 at 12:37 pm Reason: wrong airport!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:40 pm

Just found an old ORK thread and have probably answered my own Q's;

Yes to lounge access and No to +1 ;unless paid for at the door.

OF
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by OldFruity
Just found an old ORK thread and have probably answered my own Q's;

Yes to lounge access and No to +1 ;unless paid for at the door.

OF
If your sapphire status is BA Silver, then yes you get access (no guest). Other status is no good.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:43 pm

Thought so, thanks i think it was your thread / post from about 2013 which enlightened me.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:23 am

How long should I spend in the flagship lounge to get the full lounge experience? I think it is, DUB-jfk
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:52 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by James F
How long should I spend in the flagship lounge to get the full lounge experience? I think it is, DUB-jfk
The DUB gold circle lounge is by no means a destination lounge that warrants a lot of time to get the full experience.

It is pretty much a standard middle of the road lounge, albeit, I like the decor and the view.

Here is a report of a recent visitor http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-l...b-cdg-dub.html

My main tip is not to leave for immigration until they call the flight. Will save you time hanging around the deadzone between immigration and boarding
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by James F
It's "Flagship" only in that it's at the home hub, to be honest.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC, IHG, LeClub, HHonors
If I'm flying EDI - DUB on EI, and although I'm not yet I should be BA Silver by the time the flight comes around, would I be able to access the EDI galleries lounge?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
EI use the Aspire Lounge, access only if EI GC or hold onward business class boarding card with EI to US/Canada
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EDI_Martin
If I'm flying EDI - DUB on EI, and although I'm not yet I should be BA Silver by the time the flight comes around, would I be able to access the EDI galleries lounge?
Not at the moment. If and when EI joins oneworld, that may change. Other than that, BA status is only tenable when flying Aer Lingus if you're departing LHR, DUB, ORK, and possibly SNN.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC - GOLD
Ba lounge access ams

I can not find anything for the following, hopefully someone could help me.

The 31st of March my brother and myself will be flying AMS-DUB with EI IN Y. Can anyone tell me if we will have lounge access in AMS? I have Gold with BA, my brother has no status.
Somewhere I read that the KLM lounge at AMS would also be available. Is that correct? I also have status there so maybe that would be an alternative?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: EI Gold
Originally Posted by Pipo1
I can not find anything for the following, hopefully someone could help me.

The 31st of March my brother and myself will be flying AMS-DUB with EI IN Y. Can anyone tell me if we will have lounge access in AMS? I have Gold with BA, my brother has no status.
Somewhere I read that the KLM lounge at AMS would also be available. Is that correct? I also have status there so maybe that would be an alternative?

Thanks in advance!
KLM is the lounge EI use in AMS due to a codeshare and reciprocal lounge access arrangement on the route. I don't think you'd have access as BA Gold on EI metal, but if you have other status that gets you in, then I guess you're fine.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC - GOLD
Originally Posted by PierDave
KLM is the lounge EI use in AMS due to a codeshare and reciprocal lounge access arrangement on the route. I don't think you'd have access as BA Gold on EI metal, but if you have other status that gets you in, then I guess you're fine.
Okay, thx!
KL lounge it will be... Saves at a lot of walking...
Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:21 pm

I'm flying EI from FCO - DUB - BOS. I'm flying Business (P) from Dublin to Boston, but economy (J) from Rome to Dublin since EI does not have business class in Europe, all on the same reservation. Will I be able to access the partner Alitalia lounge in Rome since I'm booked to fly business later that day?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Assume not, ask at the lounge entrance, and be grateful if you are let in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.