Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus at BHD use the BA lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass

Title says it all. Didnt think it had been posted up since the move from BFS.

It puts things on a par with LHR where a BA GCH/SCH can use the GC lounge when flying EI.

But I dont think the BA GCH or SCH can use that card to access the BA lounge in BHD if they are on an EI ticket!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:09 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Does BA have its code on the EI operated flights from BHD? That seems to be the key for BAECs to access EI lounges.

Next time you're through, could you ask?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I've just asked Google.

There are 3 EI flights daily from BHD to LHR: EI30, EI34 and EI36.

EI30 also carries the code BA5930; EI34 and EI36 respectively carry the codes BA5934 and BA5936.

Searching for tickets from BHD to destinations beyond London shows that tickets can indeed be sold by BA on these Aer Lingus operated services.

Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Does BA have its code on the EI operated flights from BHD? That seems to be the key for BAECs to access EI lounges.

There is indeed a BA code on these flights but are only bookable as such via a connection to a 'proper' BA flight on ba.com. Hence if you're just taking the EI domestic flight this is only bookable through EI and will have an EI flight number on the BP. So my understanding is that lounge access on an EI flight at BHD for BAEC members is contingent upon that flight connecting to BA metal in London, on a single PNR. irishguy28 has neatly demonstrated this.

I will be passing through on Sunday (on EI to LGW) and will enquire of the principle of lounge use on the domestic flight only, but strongly believe its a no.. Personally, I have been saved from the public areas by the BD/EI status match for several more months anyhow!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Years, I suspect. Won't you soft-land through prestige and gold?

I am also curious to know whether BA Silver gets lounge access when flying an EI ticket from BHD. I have almost zero chance of renewing EI Gold when my card expires in June and almost 100% chance of renewing BA Silver with enough travel planned to hit 600 TPs in May (year ending September).
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
I searched the web the other night and opinion seems to be divided as to whether EI does soft landings. If it doesn't I might be able to retain Gold (was matched to elite) at a push if they allow BA domestics to be credited. If not it would be really nice if they let BA GCHs lounge access at BHD, LGW and LHR on the EI codes.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
BA domestics can be credited to Gold Circle, but you get some offensively tiny amount of points (e.g. 14).

The only thing definitive I found about soft landing-type things is that if you have points (from previous years) and don't requalify at Gold, you can redeem 2400 to extend by a year.

You definitely can use BA Silver or higher to access the Gold Circle lounge at LHR when flying EI, assuming you make it to the end of the green mile without expiring. One guest is permitted; both must be flying an EI-operated flight. Irrelevant whether it is BA- or EI-marketed.

You definitely can't use BA status to access the No. 1 Traveller Lounge at LGW. I have asked.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bd95
If not it would be really nice if they let BA GCHs lounge access at BHD, LGW and LHR on the EI codes.
Aer Lingus does not have its own lounge at LGW so I don't think the "BA Golds and Silvers" rule applies there.

At BHD, I can't see the BA lounge admitting you with a Gold or Silver BA card on an EI flight as part of any EI policy - they would probably instead require you to follow the BA rules of entry, i.e. be travelling on a BA-coded flight (now that Open Doors is in the past!).

For now, the BA "Golds and Silvers" entry rule applies only at the Gold Circle Lounges in LHR and DUB, and at the Jack Lynch lounge in ORK (also not an Aer Lingus lounge, but the rule is applied there), to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited by irishguy28; Jan 17, 2013 at 3:38 am
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can confirm BA gold and silver get access at ORK when on any EI flight. No guest, because the lounge is too small.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
BA domestics can be credited to Gold Circle, but you get some offensively tiny amount of points (e.g. 14).
Is there any way of predicting how many might be bestowed for a particular route and fare?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Unfortunately, it is down to experience. On the whole, it's rarely worth crediting BA short-haul to EI-GC.

I guess you could contact GC Admin with a fare class and route and see what they say.

I remember years ago getting 9 points for an IB VLC-MAD flight.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:47 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
I will be passing through on Sunday (on EI to LGW) and will enquire of the principle of lounge use on the domestic flight only, but strongly believe its a no.. Personally, I have been saved from the public areas by the BD/EI status match for several more months anyhow!
And the answer is...

No, BA do not allow BAEC gold & silvers to use the BHD lounge when flying on an EI-coded flight. Flying on EI metal with a BA flight number (which can only be achieved if booked as a connection) is different and lounge access is then permitted. I watched 2 people try and fail to get in with BAEC cards and EI BPs in the few hours I was there yesterday.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the feedback. It's just as expected.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
And the answer is...

No, BA do not allow BAEC gold & silvers to use the BHD lounge when flying on an EI-coded flight. Flying on EI metal with a BA flight number (which can only be achieved if booked as a connection) is different and lounge access is then permitted. I watched 2 people try and fail to get in with BAEC cards and EI BPs in the few hours I was there yesterday.
If the flight is booked under the codeshare does this show on the EI boarding pass? Otherwise, how could the lounge staff know? As BA contracted ground staff, the lounge staff don't seem to have access to EI systems.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
In my experience, BP's issued to those who have booked codeshare flights normally have a "sold as BAXXXX" line on them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.