FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Aer Lingus moving in to T5 at JFK, easing interline connections with Jetblue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1364596-aer-lingus-moving-t5-jfk-easing-interline-connections-jetblue.html)

sbm12 Jul 9, 2012 6:52 am

Aer Lingus moving in to T5 at JFK, easing interline connections with Jetblue

Aer Lingus will be moving in to T5 at JFK in Q1 2013, easing interline connections between the Irish carrier and JetBlue. This also reduces the MCT for passenger to 60 minutes inbound to the USA and only 40 minutes outbound to Ireland. Good for the EI passengers on pretty much every level other than walk distance from baggage claim to the AirTrain.

More here:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...-into-jfks-t5/
http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....623&highlight=

irishguy28 Jul 9, 2012 7:29 am

Now, if only they could move into T5 at Heathrow, too!!!

starflyergold Jul 9, 2012 7:39 am

Is there a lounge at T5? I'll miss the view from the Oasis lounge.

JetBlueFA Jul 9, 2012 1:11 pm

We don't have any lounges in T5 at JFK. Now I don't know if there are any plans to put one into T5i but so far we don't have any type of facilities to handle J class passangers from either Hawaiian or Aer Lingus.

starflyergold Jul 9, 2012 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA (Post 18897508)
We don't have any lounges in T5 at JFK. Now I don't know if there are any plans to put one into T5i but so far we don't have any type of facilities to handle J class passangers from either Hawaiian or Aer Lingus.

Now there is an idea for ancillary revenue, you can always up-sell lounge access at the booking stage (as Aer Lingus do), throw in Priority Pass and the lounge will be busy ^

colmc Jul 9, 2012 3:17 pm

They must be making plans for the second DUB - JFK flight to preclear

CallBell Jul 9, 2012 4:25 pm

I think flight 109 will depart earlier (1545?) to avail of pre-clearance in DUB.

djpc33 Jul 10, 2012 12:53 am

Aer Lingus moving in to T5 at JFK, easing interline connections

109 staying at 1545 next summer ( instead of 1710) so it can pre clear and there are plans for a lounge at T5 still to be announced ( maybe in TWAs wing building I've heard )

jjbri Jul 10, 2012 6:56 am

"Good for the EI passengers on pretty much every level other than walk distance from baggage claim to the AirTrain."

Agree totally, fine for connecting traffic, or for folks arriving by taxi but for originating pax using T5 car park this is a real negative given the schlep relative to the short walk at T4. Also agree, the Oasis Lounge will be missed.

MSPeconomist Jul 15, 2012 12:42 am

Since Oasis is land side in T4, one could check in at T5, go to T4 for the lounge, and then return (allowing sufficient time for the air train, security, and possible delays) to T5 for the flight. Not ideal, and of course if the airline doesn't give access to Oasis, one must obtain it from other means (DL SC membership, Priority Pass?).

kennedytower Jul 27, 2012 4:36 am

T4is currently under a major expansion, part of that includes building a central security check point. In early Q1 2013 the retail hall, including all lounges will be post security.

BESTEDIFLYER Oct 23, 2012 4:49 pm

AER LINGUS move to T5 at JFK

Booked to fly with EI next April and see that it is now T5 at JFK. Checked on the web and the JetBlue section of Flyertalk and there is no lounge in T5. EI site still says Oasis lounge at T4. Anyone out there with an idea on what is happening.
Cheers

irishguy28 Oct 24, 2012 2:32 am

I am sure that Aer Lingus will work on the lounge problem, and communicate the new details at the time they make the move. Come back in a few months.

djpc33 Oct 24, 2012 3:50 am

Aer Lingus moving in to T5 at JFK, easing interline connections

aer lingus are building their own lounge but won't be ready for 12-18 months , there is going to be another third party lounge built in time for EIs arrival that EI pax will use until their own one is ready , havnt got the exact details yet but the EI lounge is going to be right beside their gates
Will post when I've more info

adamj023 Feb 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Aer Lingus at JetBlue Terminal @ JFK?

Out of all the carriers right now, Aer Lingus seems to be the cheapest Low Fare carrier to Ireland and the UK with a short connection and it looks like Aer Lingus is moving in with JetBlue at their terminal where Hawaiian Airlines also resides.

As the aviation markets change, so do the low cost leaders. Aer Lingus seems to have a good reputation. Won't be another month till Aer Lingus is at the JetBlue terminal. For non connection customers both T4 and T5 are really nice though, but I guess it more aligns Aer Lingus with JetBlue for connection flights.

Other airlines likely get more direct traffic to premium LHR non stop market with higher paying customer bases.

I still remember when a connection to Iceland on Icelandair were some of the cheapest flights to Western Europe because of its hub before the Economic crisis hit over there. Now planes fly longer and competition has shifted, but for those on a budget flying to the UK, Aer Lingus seems like a really nice way to fly if you can deal with a stopover.