Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean Airlines Miles & Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 3:56 am
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Originally Posted by Zeehe
Sorry, that was assuming you don't have the card. If you have it why don't you copy it, mine states "Expires 12/14" and I am quite sure yours will have something similar on it.
i have my silver not my gold (gold hasnt arrived yet) im status matching to gold.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I am missing a flight from last month (Spanair - don't even ask) that was credited to Aegean.

I've submitted the missing miles information (twice), and written e-mails (through their website) to customer service (twice). The silence is deafening so far.

Any idea how best to contact Aegean?
After 2.5 months, 3 retro-claim on-line and 2 e-mails, the missing miles finally posted. Sadly it was no in time to take advantage of the *S. I did make *S on the other flights, which now of course mess up the activity date to reach *G.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
After 2.5 months, 3 retro-claim on-line and 2 e-mails, the missing miles finally posted. Sadly it was no in time to take advantage of the *S. I did make *S on the other flights, which now of course mess up the activity date to reach *G.
...exactly what kind of benefits can you get with *S?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by killuminati
...exactly what kind of benefits can you get with *S?
No luggage fee on domestic USA flights. Not be much, but $50 here, and $50 there do add to something substantial in the end, especially if it comes from one's own pocket.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
I have some short domestic (USA) flights on UA coming up, and plan to credit to A3. I was thinking of booking with my MP# to get exit rows and possible upgrades, then switching to my M&B# at the gate to credit the miles to A3 instead of UA.

Has anyone done this and are there issues? UA has A3 preloaded into their booking system, so maybe not the problems associated with other carriers as reported by those switching FF#s after lounge access with A3 *G?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by hiyo
I have some short domestic (USA) flights on UA coming up, and plan to credit to A3. I was thinking of booking with my MP# to get exit rows and possible upgrades, then switching to my M&B# at the gate to credit the miles to A3 instead of UA.

Has anyone done this and are there issues? UA has A3 preloaded into their booking system, so maybe not the problems associated with other carriers as reported by those switching FF#s after lounge access with A3 *G?
Did not encounter any problems to put / change to the A3 FF number with UA... Just present them the UA ticket pouch, there you'll find A3 listed on their star alliance partners
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Just an update on a retroactive mileage claim for two TK C flights, in both cases the TK staff could not get their system to accept the A3 number upon check in. I submitted the claim about 2 weeks ago and both flights credited correctly yesterday.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:19 am
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Which programm are you machting to?
Velocity Gold hopefully, we shall see what happens.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and more Senator, Matmid Silver, AAdvantage GLD, Starwood
I know this may have been asked before.
If my profile shows gold, will it appear on my Swiss boarding pass?
Will I be able to enter the lounge if it shows *G on it but I don't have a card?
If not, what will help me?

Many thanks to the pro's that willfully share info.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: AC Elite, Marriott Gold,
mileage and posting

Claimed two Air Canada flights last week and the miles posted in three days. Also 500 min for YQB YUL rather than the 250 min with Air Canada.
Can't beat this it is a great program if you carefully watch the fare class.

CF
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:07 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM
sorry folks if this comes a little bit rude... but aegean should really think about changing those qualification criteria for their A3 gold... sly shove in some miles that have to be flown with A3 - I see 50% US people in these forums who have probably never even seen an aegean plane

just saying...
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
No, A3 should continue to run their program in a manner that makes it attractive to people in their core market. If they really wanted to dissuade others from using the program, they could simply introduce a minimum A3 annual sector count. It's that simple....
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:52 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
No, A3 should continue to run their program in a manner that makes it attractive to people in their core market. If they really wanted to dissuade others from using the program, they could simply introduce a minimum A3 annual sector count. It's that simple....

thats exactly what I ment... minimum mileage accrual with aegean of 2000 miles / year would be enough already imo.

Also, you are missing out on both A3 *S and A3 *G benefits if your not flying A3 (emergency exit rows etc... I doubt you get those on US carriers with A3 status).
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by mxr
thats exactly what I ment... minimum mileage accrual with aegean of 2000 miles / year would be enough already imo.

Also, you are missing out on both A3 *S and A3 *G benefits if your not flying A3 (emergency exit rows etc... I doubt you get those on US carriers with A3 status).
this reminds me of a person on marriott forum who called marriott to snitch on forum members who were using one of the promotions in a way that s/he thought was not appropriate...

as was described one would supposedly get access to lounges while on a domestic trip in US, and or *G benefits at the lowest level in *A.
For some people it would be enough.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
is it 100% or 50% for a CO W fare?

the table is somewhat confusing, i think "As of February 1st, 2011" refers to the table on the bottom. But then is table at the top prior or after 02/01/11?

ANA for example has dates assigned to both top and bottom tables, so its easier to understand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.