Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

ZRH-ATH & ATH-JTR -- 1 hr 40 min connection in ATH, process?

Old Sep 17, 2023, 12:31 am
lmk
Original Poster

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Silver, AA

DH and I are Star Alliance Gold arriving on LX from ZRH into ATH on a Sunday at 13:30 in business, with carry-on luggage only, and have only 1 hr 40 mins to transfer to our Aegean flight from ATH-JTR departing at 15:10 in economy. This was all booked as one ticket on SWISS.

What is the process like for transferring at ATH? Do we have to pass through security again (in other words, do we need to dump our water bottles and that whole routine)? I'm worried 1 hr 40 mins is not a lot of time, but SWISS did not give us any other option when we were booking, so I'm hoping it will be ok (at least if we are among the first to deplane in ATH since we'll be in 3AC), and not having checked luggage to worry about.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 2:49 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by lmk
DH and I are Star Alliance Gold arriving on LX from ZRH into ATH on a Sunday at 13:30 in business, with carry-on luggage only, and have only 1 hr 40 mins to transfer to our Aegean flight from ATH-JTR departing at 15:10 in economy. This was all booked as one ticket on SWISS.

What is the process like for transferring at ATH? Do we have to pass through security again (in other words, do we need to dump our water bottles and that whole routine)? I'm worried 1 hr 40 mins is not a lot of time, but SWISS did not give us any other option when we were booking, so I'm hoping it will be ok (at least if we are among the first to deplane in ATH since we'll be in 3AC), and not having checked luggage to worry about.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
ATH is a relatively small airport (nothing to do with IST for exemple). 1 hour and 40 minutes is plenty of time, really. You don’t have to go through security.
As your whole trip is on one ticket, if your plane from ZRH was delayed you would be transferred to the next available flight to Santorini.
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 3:56 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
After arrival you just walk to your new gate. No checks required. Assuming your Swiss flight is on time it would be doable in 30 minutes easily.
Alexandros Bravos likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.