Useless canned email responses

Old Jul 24, 2023, 2:48 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 356
Useless canned email responses

Hi,

I've emailed the A3 customer support via their website contact page.
I've received a useless canned response which address anything I mentioned. I re-emailed them & guess what - got the exact same useless canned response.
Is the new "norm" for A3 customer support?. They used to be more attentive.
mzzxx11 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 2023, 4:12 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Posts: 28,450
Originally Posted by mzzxx11
Is the new "norm" for A3 customer support?. They used to be more attentive.
Might I suggest that the time has come to pick up the phone and talk to an agent?

I've never found A3 agents to be anything other than friendly, professional and efficient on the phone.
KATERGOO, mrow, KLouis and 1 others like this.
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 2023, 4:22 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 356
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Might I suggest that the time has come to pick up the phone and talk to an agent?

I've never found A3 agents to be anything other than friendly, professional and efficient on the phone.
Might I suggest that if an airline (or any other company for that matter) enables customers to contact them online they should at least address the content of the ticket & not just have a chatbot reply?.

Plus calling A3 would require an expensive & time consuming overseas call. It's 2023 - emails are the way to go.
yyccdg likes this.
mzzxx11 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 2023, 4:34 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Wedged somewhere between BTS and VIE ✈
Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Sapphire (BA Silver), Hilton Diamond
Posts: 6,334
Originally Posted by mzzxx11
Might I suggest that if an airline (or any other company for that matter) enables customers to contact them online they should at least address the content of the ticket & not just have a chatbot reply?.

Plus calling A3 would require an expensive & time consuming overseas call. It's 2023 - emails are the way to go.
If you have Twitter, the agents there are very quick to reply (usually within an hour) and very helpful.
romans and SK like this.
headingwest is offline  
Old Jul 24, 2023, 4:57 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Amsterdam
Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Posts: 1,078
Originally Posted by mzzxx11
Plus calling A3 would require an expensive & time consuming overseas call.
Or just get Skype and call them for free? No need to spend money...
AlwaysFlyStar is offline  
Old Jul 24, 2023, 9:54 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Heraklion, Greece
Posts: 7,540
Originally Posted by Mzzxx11
Plus calling A3 would require an expensive & time consuming overseas call. It's 2023 - emails are the way to go.

and


Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Or just get Skype and call them for free? No need to spend money...
Or Whatsup, or Viber, or..., or..., or... The world is nowadays (2023!) full of completely "moneyless" possibilities at any time of the day (independent of the time zone). True, time consuming when you have to talk to somebody, but you can still explain yourself better and avoid... time consuming written "conversations".
KLouis is offline  
Old Jul 25, 2023, 2:12 am
  #7  
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In the air
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Posts: 8,624
Originally Posted by mzzxx11
Might I suggest that if an airline (or any other company for that matter) enables customers to contact them online they should at least address the content of the ticket & not just have a chatbot reply?.

Plus calling A3 would require an expensive & time consuming overseas call. It's 2023 - emails are the way to go.
Well, I hope you're happy with your issues not being addressed then. Up to you.
EuropeanPete is online now  
Old Jul 25, 2023, 3:49 am
  #8  
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AMS / ATH
Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Posts: 7,309
While I wouldn't say that email is the way to go in 2023 (Maybe 10 years ago... ) I do feel that Aegean should be able to offer support via email. Its often the only viable way to get a written reply on something, which may be used in case of contention. With a tweet that doesn't really work.
giorginho, mzzxx11 and jumpallover like this.
Xandrios is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2023, 12:41 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PAS, Paros Greece
Programs: A3 *G
Posts: 1,362
I would agree with the OP. I really prefer a 'written' request and response so there's a record. Yes, twitter etc. might work better but it annoys me too that A3 ASK you to use Email and then don't effectively reply. I've been there myself. It gives a bad impression and would make many people think they simply don't care (which they probably don't any more, to be honest). If they don't plan to help you by email then tell people NOT to email. Simple.
mzzxx11 and johnirvine like this.
Knobbgb is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2023, 8:41 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 356
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Or just get Skype and call them for free? No need to spend money...
Skype to Skype is free.
Skype to landline/mobile isn't, and there's a mininium top-up ( 5USD IIRC).

What's the point of allowing people to email them from their website if they don;'t bother replying?.
mzzxx11 is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2023, 9:50 am
  #11  
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NW London and NW Sydney
Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Posts: 6,290
Which country are you in?
:D! is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2023, 10:17 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Amsterdam
Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Posts: 1,078
Originally Posted by mzzxx11
Skype to Skype is free.
Skype to landline/mobile isn't, and there's a mininium top-up ( 5USD IIRC).

What's the point of allowing people to email them from their website if they don;'t bother replying?.
While I surely agree that it is ridiculous that they do not respond appropriately on email, you absolutely can call them for free with Skype. Skype lets you call toll free numbers for free in many countries. And Aegean has a US free number. I tried it before my post to ensure it still works for free on Skype and it does. So if you want to call them and don't want to spend any money, just use Skype and call their free US number. At least you should get a real response and quickly.
giorginho likes this.
AlwaysFlyStar is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2023, 1:51 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cyprus
Programs: THY Elite Plus, Aegean Gold, LH FTL. Former BA Gold, Air France Platinum, Czech Gold, United PE.
Posts: 640
Originally Posted by mzzxx11
Hi,

I've emailed the A3 customer support via their website contact page.
I've received a useless canned response which address anything I mentioned. I re-emailed them & guess what - got the exact same useless canned response.
Is the new "norm" for A3 customer support?. They used to be more attentive.
You will be aware by now that the implicit rule in the A3 forum is never to say anything even slightly negative about Aegean - if you do, you will get dumped upon. The forum is mainly for A3 affectionados who are able to benefit massively from *G status by flying a few flights a year, and quite predictably will defend their benefactor to the hilt.
mzzxx11 likes this.
johnirvine is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2023, 5:17 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Amsterdam
Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Posts: 1,078
Originally Posted by johnirvine
You will be aware by now that the implicit rule in the A3 forum is never to say anything even slightly negative about Aegean - if you do, you will get dumped upon. The forum is mainly for A3 affectionados who are able to benefit massively from *G status by flying a few flights a year, and quite predictably will defend their benefactor to the hilt.
I realise this is what you are constantly claiming, but pretty sure most people here agree with the OP that it is not acceptable. However, since some of us are here to help each other with advice rather than just complain about Aegean, we are trying to provide useful advice for the OP to solve the problem because everybody moaning about the fact that Aegean doesn't reply to emails isn't going to do anything for OP. What will help OP is information on how to contact Aegean where they will respond so OP can sort out the problem.
KLouis, romans, SK and 2 others like this.
AlwaysFlyStar is offline  
Old Aug 5, 2023, 8:04 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: San Francisco
Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Posts: 2,350
I've had recent poor experiences with Aegean email and phone. I chose A3 for CDG ATH since I am Stargold and added my number when booking, confirming at check in counter it was entered and I would receive credit...but it credited to an Aegean account I din't even know I had, and I did not receive and StarGold benefits such as security priority or boarding. I emailed...no reply. I called agent who said they could not change where it was credited or help and to email again. I emailed again and they send a link of where I could send an email. What? Air France next time.....
1k-all-the-way is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.